Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

After advice (possibly TMI post)

(34 Posts)
fhdl34 Fri 03-Jul-15 19:15:57

I am 6/7 weeks pregnant, third pregnancy and today I have had some brown (old blood) discharge in my knickers and when I wipe. When I wiped there was also a faint line of fresh blood. I now have some mild period type cramping in my lower abdomen. I figured I would ring out of hours in the morning if it hadn't stopped or had gotten worse but in the meantime, to stop me going crazy, would anyone care to share if they have had similar around this stage and the outcome (good or bad).
I was saying to my husband yesterday that I didn't feel as pregnant as I usually do at this stage; the only noticeable symptoms are more peeing and a bit of tiredness (but I have two small children and youngest still doesn't sleep through), but nothing like the exhaustion of my first two pregnancies.

MissMartin10 Fri 03-Jul-15 19:46:40

me! at 6 weeks and im fine. . ive had 2 so far and my early scan confirmed everything if healthy with the baby smile . . im now nearly 11 weeks.. my latest bleed was the other night ive had 3 hcp's advise me that its most likley breakthrough bleeding from when my af would have been.. would you have been due af around this time usually? x

mylifeisgood Fri 03-Jul-15 19:52:30

I have had it a few times, and it has gone both ways.
Bless you, I wish you all the best.

Baguettes Fri 03-Jul-15 20:03:35

I'm so sorry this is happening to you. Its fucking horrible.

I've had two experiences of this; in my first pregnancy the blood was brown. Stayed brown, no red. Pregnancy progressed perfectly. Second pregnancy, brown blood turned into red blood and cramps and was the start of a miscarriage at seven weeks.

It really can go either way. Some ladies bleed a lot in pregnancy are their babies are just fine. Speak to OOH, and it the pain or bleeding increases go to a&e.

Much love and hand holding until you get an answer flowers

fhdl34 Fri 03-Jul-15 20:13:08

Thanks all, no I wouldn't be due a period now. I have an irregular cycle but to get a period now I'd have to have 2 very short cycles which rarely happens now, usually my cycle is 31-42 days.
I will ring OOH in the morning. I have done a lot of walking today (over 11k steps so says my Fitbit), and I had noticed with my last period it lasted longer which I put down to increased walking so that could be why there is more blood than in my last two pregnancies (when I wasn't as active as I am now) I'm tired today and just want to sleep but DS not going to sleep (but telling me nanights repeatedly - little cutey!).

fhdl34 Sat 04-Jul-15 03:52:18

Getting a slight increase in fresh blood. Got an early scan booked for Tuesday afternoon, I rang OOH to get an appt for the morning but they asked me to come in just now so it's booked in. I did a urine sample and there was a small clot in there about the size of my little fingernail. Just got mild period type cramps.
Going to be a long wait till Tuesday!

mylifeisgood Sat 04-Jul-15 09:03:44

It will be a very, very, long wait. How is the period pain?

MissMartin10 Sat 04-Jul-15 09:14:21

i hope everything is okay, Take care thanks ..
if your about 7weeks pg now and ususlly have a longer cycle then i still think it can be breakthrough bleeding as pregnancy is calculated from the first day of the last period so the first 2 weeks are the run up to ovulation so technically you only concieved about 5 weeks ago? if that even makes sense ..that is what the midwife explained to me when i bleed at around 6 weeks then again at 10w3d... thinking of you hope you get good new x

fhdl34 Sat 04-Jul-15 10:04:41

Thank you both, the cramping is very mild, not even painkiller worthy, and my abdomen has that heavy feeling like it needs to empty, just like before I'm coming on, but have had that in previous pregnancy too.
I'm taking it really easy this weekend, have just had a sleep and DH will be fine with the kids. The one friend I had told also experienced red blood bleeding with big clots for a fortnight around this time and he's now 11.
DH is really worried about me, I can see it, he's worried I'll get depressed if I am miscarrying. I don't know how I'll feel, obviously upset but I can't imagine getting proper depressed, how could I when we have to healthy children already? I think he is a bit shocked even though I told him the day before that I didn't feel the same as previous pregnancies and i didn't feel my symptoms were "growing a baby" symptoms. I'm peeing a lot but if the sac is there with no yolk and it's my 3rd pregnancy my saggy baggy uterus could just be lazing about more on my bladder and I'm always tired anyway with the kids, I don't feel "early pregnancy" tired. Sorry, I'm rambling. He thought I was worrying over nothing, I was telling him really to warn him.

fhdl34 Sun 05-Jul-15 18:20:43

Increase in flow, and blood is now bright red sad

sianihedgehog Sun 05-Jul-15 18:42:07

In my first pregnancy I had light bleeding with no cramping at 10 weeks and it led to a miscarriage. In this pregnancy I had heavy bleeding with cramps so bad that they woke me and kept me awake, and I'm now 35 weeks and everything is going smoothly. Fingers crossed for you OP.

Pastaagain78 Sun 05-Jul-15 18:43:59

Sorry to hear that.

flanjabelle Sun 05-Jul-15 18:59:43

So worrying for you op. I really hope things are ok. If it's any comfort I have a friend who had heavy bleeding and the pregnancy continued healthily. Bleeding doesn't always mean miscarriage.

Baguettes Sun 05-Jul-15 19:14:02

Hand holding, op flowers

GoldfishCrackers Sun 05-Jul-15 19:21:31

I had bleeding with 3 pregnancies between 6-10 weeks. One of which had a fair bit of red blood (filling a pad). All 3 are now messing about getting ready for bed right now. I was told by the doctor that a miscarriage would be lots more blood.
Fingers crossed for you - I know what it's like to wait over the weekend for a scan. flowers

fhdl34 Sun 05-Jul-15 19:24:02

I don't feel pregnant either, I think I know which way it is going to go. I told my husband the day before the bleeding started that I didn't feel pregnant and something wasn't right.

I keep having silly fantasies about twins and so heavier implantation bleeding, even though I wouldn't want twins.

Yesterday I felt very calm about it and quite zen about what will be will be, today has been harder.

A friend miscarried last year and it took a long time to come away, if I am miscarrying I just want it over with quickly.

I am fortunate to have 2 healthy children already, but I still feel so sad for this one that might not be sad

Iloveonionchutney Sun 05-Jul-15 19:24:54

I had this at 9 wks with my first pregnancy and with this one at 8, 9 and 11 weeks, I'm now 26 weeks so fingers are crossed for you. I had to wait all weekend for scans too flowers

sianihedgehog Sun 05-Jul-15 20:26:38

OP, in this pregnancy I literally went to my other half the day before the bleeding started and said "I don't feel pregnant any more, it's like last time". It's good to prepare yourself for bad news, but there's just no way to be sure.

fhdl34 Sun 05-Jul-15 22:34:49

Roll on Tuesday when I will hopefully know for sure.
Thanks Sian and everyone else for sharing your stories, I fell asleep putting my DS to bed and feel better for it. Got 3 house viewings tomorrow so got to get the house ready for that so should keep me busy and mind occupied

fhdl34 Mon 06-Jul-15 17:42:45

Today I got more fresh red blood, and some clots, one about the size of a 50p piece. Now I have gone back to brown blood discharge. It got me thinking that my periods are very heavy with much bigger clots than that, and lots of flooding. Surely a miscarriage should be more bleeding than a normal period? This has been equivalent to light flow for me at best with some clots.
Doesn't take away the fact I don't feel remotely pregnant and normally would do by now but it gives me a glimmer of hope. At least this time tomorrow I'll know something, one way or another

MissMartin10 Mon 06-Jul-15 17:59:00

have you booked a dr's appointment?
mention the heavy bleeding and clots and they may get you an early scan so you can check on the heartbeat ect?
keep positive loads of women experience bleeding in early pregnancy
hope everything is okay xthanksx

fhdl34 Mon 06-Jul-15 18:35:19

I have an early scan booked for tomorrow afternoon, so by this time tomorrow I'll hopefully know one way or the other

Pastaagain78 Mon 06-Jul-15 18:57:12

Thinking of you.

flanjabelle Tue 07-Jul-15 16:22:52

How did it go op? I have been thinking of you today.

fhdl34 Tue 07-Jul-15 17:45:41

It was a miscarriage and thankfully has all cleared out. They said my womb lining was still a bit thick so I may continue to bleed for a bit but I always have thick lining anyway so they said that may just be me. They did a pregnancy test to check it wasn't an ectopic but it was negative already.
So all in all the best I could hope for in the worst outcome, if that makes any sense.
Even though I thought I had miscarried I still can't believe it, I haven't cried much at all.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now