Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Going on holiday - take notes?

(13 Posts)
HappilyMrsR Fri 03-Jul-15 08:07:10

I'm off on holiday in a week's time and am 26 wks pregnant. Should I take my hospital notes with me? What has everyone else done - original or photocopies? Have come for a GGT test this morning and was scolded (!) for not bringing my notes - apparently I should now be carrying them with me in my bag at all times. Didn't occur to me!

PotteringAlong Fri 03-Jul-15 08:10:01

Yes, take them with you. If you need them you're really going to need them.

PotteringAlong Fri 03-Jul-15 08:11:17

I wouldn't carry them in a bag at all times but nor would I have turned up for a test to do with my pregnancy without them - lots of important info in there.

domesticslattern Fri 03-Jul-15 08:12:35

Yep, bung em in the suitcase. Have a nice holiday.

Turquoiseblue Fri 03-Jul-15 08:14:55

Yes take them. You would be surprised the am out of people that end up needing a little hospital visit on holidays (pregnant or otherwise, it s helpful and recommended to have them)
I also had a letter from hospital to say I was ok to fly - was asked for it on the way back- air hostess said you need it from 27/28 weeks onwards and she wouldn't have let me check in otherwise blush! (We were in Italy and I was only 26 weeks ) Not sure what they would have done - detained me for the rest of the pregnancy ???!!!
Hospital also gave me compression stockings and advised wearing them for the flight.
Enjoy your holiday.

BadgerFace Fri 03-Jul-15 08:16:02

At 26 weeks with my last pregnancy I took photocopies of all the relevant pages as I was too scared about losing them to take the originals!

I then used to carry photocopies around with me in case of emergency and just took the originals to my planned appointments.

Tootle10 Fri 03-Jul-15 08:27:52

My midwife specifically advised me at booking in to take my notes everywhere with me, including on holiday. I'm going away in September and will take the originals but leave a photocopied set at home. Have a great time!

londonliv Fri 03-Jul-15 11:09:01

I don't carry my notes with me at all times but I do take them with me if I am going away somewhere. My theory being that you never know what may happen and in the (unlikely) case that you might need to go to the hospital it is better to have all the info ready for them!

scarednoob Fri 03-Jul-15 11:15:05

yep - put them in your hand luggage with a print-out of your insurance policy. hopefully you will never need them, but they will be close by if you do.

also presume you have checked that your insurer covers you, but if not, you should do so. I had to get separate cover for my trip at 24 weeks (it was about £4.50 so v cheap).

have a great holiday!

MissTwister Fri 03-Jul-15 12:10:44

I am 36 weeks so maybe I should have them at all times but they're too big to carry - they wouldn't fit in my handbag and therefore I would lose them!

I'd definitely take on holiday though just in case

HappilyMrsR Fri 03-Jul-15 22:08:41

Thanks everyone. Have an underlying condition that I go to hospital regularly for and the GGT was due to meds I am on hence not thinking to take my pregnancy notes. Seems obvious now - duh. Might start carrying with me in work bag etc.

Will need dr letter for return flight which I sorted a while ago ( will be 28 wks) and checked insurance yday - First Direct cover as standard. I asked if I have birth and needed medical attention whether I would be covered but also if that extends to the baby and any treadment it needs - answer was yes. My consultant said to check as some do not cover the baby and she knew of one couple who were landed with a bill for £30K shock.

Thank you for all your replies! X

AbbeyRoadCrossing Fri 03-Jul-15 23:09:24

I was about to post about checking the insurance covers the baby too, but looks like you're sorted smile
I'd put notes in hand luggage rather than a case if you are taking originals, just in case your bags get delayed / lost
Have a great trip

Lisagray Fri 25-Dec-15 13:00:23

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now