Talk

Advanced search

15weeks with brown spotting & slight cramping please come a tell me it might be ok.

(12 Posts)
ilovehotsauce Thu 02-Jul-15 20:00:36

I'm 15 weeks and have be having brown spotting when I wipe for the last 24hrs-ish cramping started today at work. Dh is away for 2 days for a funeral 200 miles away I'm home with DD and feel very vulnerablesad so if anyone has any stories that might make me feel better I'd really appreciate it.

Im going to call the EPU in the morning to try and get a scan.

weelamb123 Thu 02-Jul-15 20:02:30

Sorry ur going thru this. Have u had ur 12 weeks scan? If so what did they say? Xx

ilovehotsauce Thu 02-Jul-15 20:07:24

Scan was fine baby was dancing away and my/their dates matched perfectly.

weelamb123 Thu 02-Jul-15 20:08:51

Well thats a positive in itself then. But call EPU anyway just to be safe and put ur mind at rest. Good luck xx

coneywonder Thu 02-Jul-15 20:13:00

Can you not call triage? How bad is the cramping? I had brown bleed and cramping at 9 weeks called triage and had a scan within an hour. Everything fine and I'm not 6 days away from due date. I'm sending positive vibes to you! flowers

KittyandTeal Thu 02-Jul-15 20:18:33

Have you had sex in the past day or so?

This used to happen to me every time dh and I had sex, had to stop in the end as dtd regularly resulted in a hospital visit to check in dd1. Was very annoying but they put it down to cervical erosion.

MarvinKMooney Thu 02-Jul-15 20:21:17

I had this at about 13 weeks with mild cramping. DS is now 6!

The doc told me that it is relatively common and that a brownish colour is a good sign, as it's likely to be 'old' blood and probably due to hormonal changes.

This is pretty much what I was told: www.whattoexpect.com/pregnancy/brown-discharge/

Do take it easy and call your midwife / triage in the morning flowers

ilovehotsauce Thu 02-Jul-15 21:09:07

Thank you all especially Marvin I've seen this pop up on Google but so does everything elsesad.

Kitty no sex at all I've only just stopped feeling utterly dead.

Anna2710 Thu 02-Jul-15 22:06:57

Try not to worry. I had a bright red bleed a week ago at 21 weeks and rang hospital and they told me to go in right away where they checked hb which was fine. The bleeding then tapered off to brown spotting for 24 hours. Fingers crossed all is well as heartbeat was fine the next day and 2 days later when midwife checked and I have felt baby moving each day.

Pancakeflipper Thu 02-Jul-15 22:13:11

I bled bright red blood (and quite a lot) in both my pregnancies. Things turned out ok both times. I hope you get an appt and a scan tomorrow.

scarednoob Fri 03-Jul-15 08:04:58

I had brown spotting at 16 weeks, just when my period would have been due. If you had a good 12 week scan and it's brown blood, fingers crossed you and bubs are just fine. But EPU will want to see you - I had to be scanned etc. My BP shot up to 150/90 (it's normally about 110/60!) with the stress but everything was fine.

Thinking of you!

MarvinKMooney Fri 03-Jul-15 15:20:27

Hi OP - did you get checked out? Hope all's well ...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now