Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Argh, what is this pain?

(6 Posts)
Penguinandminipenguin Thu 02-Jul-15 16:25:54

I'm 35+6 weeks pregnant, and I've been having period type pains/cramps in the lower part of my stomach since Saturday, on and off. Midwife at ANC on Tuesday said it was my body preparing for labour, so I wasn't worried.

The pains have still been there on and off a bit yesterday, and then they started again quite badly last night. I took paracetamol, and after about 2 hours, the period pains were accompanied by something else. I honestly don't know how to describe it...it was in my pelvis area, as in right along my knicker line. It was sharp shooting and stabbing pains, almost like someone was stabbing me with a knife.

It went on for about 2 hours, and I thought maybe it was the baby moving or becoming more engaged and pressing on my bladder, but the pain got more and more intense until I was crying out. It's been coming on and off all day, but nowhere near as severe as it was in the night. I've had another 10 minute 'episode' of the pain about an hour ago, but it's passed again now.

I don't think it's a urine infection, as I had ANC on Tuesday and they never mentioned finding anything in my urine. My urine is a very pale yellow colour, no pain when weeing etc. I did do a dip test thing just to check and I find them hard to read, but I think it showed a tiny bit of Leukocytes but not too sure. But as I've not got any UTI symptoms I don't think it's that.

Could it be as simple as the baby pushing her head on my bladder or something? Would it be that painful?

coneywonder Thu 02-Jul-15 16:42:55

Sounds like contractions to me...

Penguinandminipenguin Thu 02-Jul-15 19:29:14

I don't have any tightnings though, and it's all lower down...

coneywonder Thu 02-Jul-15 19:36:51

I don't think you necessarily have to have the tightenings but if I was in that much pain I'd be calling triage or midwife. Good luck

Iloveonionchutney Thu 02-Jul-15 19:38:50

I'd call the midwife, I didn't feel tightenings at all, in fact my labour pains were more in the tops of my thighs than anywhere else.

TheTravellingLemon Thu 02-Jul-15 19:40:17

I don't know what it is, but I would definitely advise you to get it checked out. Good luck flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now