Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Why did I look at the pregnancy weight gain tracker ?! :(

(9 Posts)
Wishful80sMontage Thu 02-Jul-15 10:32:07

Bloody hell 17 weeks tomo and I've put on a stone already sad
Looking at the charts this weight gain would equate to 23/24 weeks not 17!
Gained a total of 16 pounds with dd now I've gained 14 already! I'm gonna be huge aren't i?

natjayne213 Thu 02-Jul-15 10:34:23

I am the same at 24 weeks I am the biggest I've ever been in my life. I can't wait for it to be over and back on the diet

Wishful80sMontage Thu 02-Jul-15 10:43:46

I'm already planning my exercise plan it's madness sad If I was more active now it would help but feel crap and completely drained sad

milliemanzi Thu 02-Jul-15 11:37:31

God it's so hard not to get down about it isn't it, I've spent my whole adult life (pretty much) worrying about food and weight etc to varying degrees, (mega depressing).
Ive actually decided not to weigh myself during my pregnancy, I'm eating healthily and using mfp to make sure I don't go crazy over my calorie allowance and just letting nature take it's course really! If I put on weight then so be it, at the moment my arms feel plumper and I swear my face has got a bit chipmunky! Looking forward to my bump expanding to even things out!

crazypuglady Thu 02-Jul-15 11:38:29

I raised it with my midwife this morning because I'm 25 weeks and put on a stone and a half. She laughed, measured me and told me she wasn't worried and neither should I. I literally have no idea where it's coming from though because I'm not eating masses and I don't look like I've put so much on. I can still fit into a couple of pairs of size 10 jeans and most of my size 8 tops still fit too!

It's quite hard to avoid the temptation to cut back on food. Fortunately my constantly rumbling stomach keeps me eating :D

CakeInMyFace Thu 02-Jul-15 12:39:06

I've put on loads - 29 weeks here. I was tiny before I got pregnant, barely a size 8 and about 8 stone. Think I'll be close to 3 stone by the time I'm done. Still in 8-10 maternity clothes though and aside from a bit of extra weight on my arms it seems to be all bump - however the scales tell me otherwise!

Trying not to get too down about it as I'm sure I'll lose it after - but I don't feel like I've eaten that much more than before! I hate all these weight gain trackers!

fattymcfatfat Thu 02-Jul-15 12:49:01

I had put on nearly two stone by the time I was 13 weeks. I'm now 37 and haven't weighed myself since
I know I was overweight before I got pregnant, as I had spd (and do again) with DD which didn't get better after her birth ao movement was difficult and just as I started to feel better and lose weight I fell pregnant again! Yay me! So that's what I'm blaming
But I do have plans in place to get back to a healthy weight and hopefully i will recover from the spd quicker this time as I know all the exercises already etc.

sianihedgehog Thu 02-Jul-15 15:03:13

I gained about 10kg by the start of the second trimester. I'm now 35 weeks and still weigh exactly what I did then. I've spent the entire pregnancy just eating what I want, so I reckon I needed to gain more at the start to make up for not feeling like eating now! The weight gain thing basically just averages it all out and every woman gains it how her body needs to.

Lilydreams Thu 02-Jul-15 22:18:10

I really wouldn't overly worry about it! Every pregnancy is different I don't think any specifics on weight gain should be suggested to be honest! E.g. I lost 2 lbs in first trimester due to sickness and then gained about a stone and a half in second trimester (once I could eat again I got abit carried away) only stopped being sick at 21 weeks too blush I'm now 34 weeks and haven't put on much more as I now can't fit anything in my stomach because it's squashed! Everything I've read suggests third trimester is where you gain the most- some books saying 1-2 lbs a week whereas I'm opposite and gained that in second tri!! Chin up I felt like this at your stage but now I've kinda embraced the bump!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now