Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Anyone had Hep A vaccine whilst pg for holiday?

(6 Posts)
Tigerstar123 Wed 01-Jul-15 21:35:54

Hi all!

I am due to go to Mexico next week and due to being booked in for vaccinations took a pg test as was late. Shock of all shocks showed pos! (nice shock as was worried had probs with fertility due to previous mmc and severe endometriosis).

I've spoken to nurse who says that Hep A jab is recommended for Mexico, but she can't advise what to do... I've been to Mexico before so had all the jabs then, but has anyone else been in this position? Did you decide to have the vaccination or give it a miss? I know it's not a 'live' vaccine so safer than other jabs, but wouldn't want to put baby in any harm (either way- having it or not having it).

Any advice would be greatly appreciated as me and dh sat wondering what the heck to do! Xxx

newbian Wed 01-Jul-15 23:06:19

Where in Mexico are you going? If you're traveling to major resort areas you shouldn't need a vaccine. I certainly didn't get one when I went to the Pacific coast.

Tigerstar123 Thu 02-Jul-15 08:33:42

Hi newbian.

We're off to Caribbean coast, so a tourist area and in a good standard of hotel. Nurse said many people who go on holiday don't even book in at all for vaccinations! Just think being pg adds to another level of paranoia...!
Thanks for your assistance hon. Xxx

UpUpAndAway123 Thu 02-Jul-15 11:03:08

I personally wouldn't bother as long as going to main tourist bit! Just be careful with food and drink outside of hotel x

newbian Thu 02-Jul-15 13:50:05

Definitely don't think you need a vaccine for Caribbean Mexico, it's a very well-worn tourist destination. I grew up in the US so people go to Cancun/Tullum all the time and I've never heard of getting a vaccine. You'll be fine, enjoy!

Tigerstar123 Thu 02-Jul-15 21:24:41

Ahh, thanks for the reassurances! Much appreciated xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now