Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Low blood pressure

(5 Posts)
mygreeneyedboy Wed 01-Jul-15 21:20:28

Does anyone suffer from it? Any tips on coping? This is DC2 so I'm slowly remembering things from last time (although DS is only 18 mo).

I'm about 6 weeks at the moment, and on meds for my ms (had HG with DS).

Blood pressure is already 90/50, it was about 80/40 at 20 weeks last time.. Black spots all the time. I think I'm going to have to give up driving for a while..

birchwoods Thu 02-Jul-15 14:24:21

Hi, I have low blood pressure but I think it's just normal for me and I don't notice any side effects (or if there are any I don't know any different). Sorry that doesn't help. Does your low bp come on only when pregnant? My mw didn't even mention that I have low bp, it was a student mw who mentioned it and my mw wasn't bothered in the slightest!

FlumptyDumpty Thu 02-Jul-15 21:47:58

I always have low BP, and it's stayed low while pregnant. I've just had to keep drinking loads and make sure I eat enough salt to hold on to the liquid. Have been a few occasions where I've had to sit on the floor in shops before keeling over!

mygreeneyedboy Thu 02-Jul-15 21:54:20

birch no I get horrible symptoms m, I have no idea what it's like not being pregnant but I don't get the symptoms.

flumpty I've contemplated sitting on shop floors!! It's hard to stay hydrated though when you're throwing up water..! Xx

FlumptyDumpty Fri 03-Jul-15 10:47:42

Oh gosh, mygreen I can't imagine how you would keep water down if you're throwing up constantly. Nightmare sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now