Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Anyone get stretch marks early?

(7 Posts)
NewMrsX Wed 01-Jul-15 12:21:23

I'm nearly 22 weeks and thismorning I noticed angry purple stretch marks on my boobs underneath sad I can see I'm going to get them on the top too as its blotchy and purple there as well. I did expect to get them as my mum and sister both did and I have some old ones from puberty but I didn't expect it so soon.

Every thread I've read about stretch marks it seems most people don't get them until 35+ weeks so quite worried about how bad I'll end up having them. Did anyone else get them so early?

I'm having a rubbish time with swollen hands and feet and I didn't expect that until the third tri either! Joys of pregnancy grin

Anna2710 Wed 01-Jul-15 12:33:24

I have a couple on my stomach already, I am now 21+4 and they appeared at about 18 weeks! I have now started using bio oil hoping this might help!

FernGullysWoollyPully Wed 01-Jul-15 12:33:36

I got one on the right side of my belly button at about 18 weeks with my first dc. I felt quite proud of it at first, then suddenly they spread like a spiders web and I now resemble a burns victim!

happygojo Wed 01-Jul-15 13:10:05

I had them from 8-10 weeks (seriously) the thing is that my bump isn't even that big and the skin only feels like it is starting to work hard now ish (34 weeks).. its just one of the joys of being me. The first ones I got have started to fade though, so I am hopeful that they will be barely visible with time. I have been using bio-oil religiously.... I know it does nothing but makes me feel like I am trying to do something

Lonz Wed 01-Jul-15 13:43:47

I didn't really notice any significant stretchmarks while I was pregnant, just a few on my hips. It was after baby was out, my stomach went straight down and I had these red/purple stretchmarks on my hips and a bit on my lower belly. I was like "WTF happened there?" but they did fade over time and now they're barely visible.

I religiously used Bio-Oil and cocoa butter and everything else on belly, hips, thighs, boobs and butt from about 20ish weeks until my son was maybe a year old or so.

RockerMummy184 Wed 01-Jul-15 14:01:38

I haven't got any on my tummy, but I didn't when I had DS either. However, the underneath of my boobs and my bum are absolutely covered! (I was blissfully unaware of this fact until "D"H pointed them out to me the other day sad)

NewMrsX Wed 01-Jul-15 15:18:44

This makes me feel much better that it's normal to have them so early so thanks everyone!

I know it's inevitable but I just wasn't prepared for it yet. Ah well I've been moisturising anyway so skin feels lovely smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now