Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Induction advice ASAP please!

(8 Posts)
Mamamia321 Wed 01-Jul-15 11:33:25

38weeks. Second episode of reduced movement. Scan ok measures little small but ok. Fluid an for ok. Trace ok. But they r sayin as secon episode maybe induce? Movements were no great yesterday bu patten has remained good jus altered from vigorous to more like rolling and squirming. I don't like th idea of nduction. Should I not do it? what are puts and obs. At hospital now help please.

popalot Wed 01-Jul-15 11:44:47

I was induced with my last dd, but it was abroad, so may be a little different here. It started with a sweep then they put in a drip in the morning, then by the eve I'd had her. Most of the day I had very mild contractions, not even like period pains. Then active labour began around tea time and lasted about 3 hours, first child. I've got no complaints. People say the contractions are stronger with less gaps, but I have no comparison and like I said no complaints. If it's best for the baby, I would go for it. You'll get to see them sooner too!

popalot Wed 01-Jul-15 11:49:09

Just to add because you are on a drip you will have baby monitored too so it may restrict how much you can walk about, if you are inclined to. I was able to wander around with my drip, go to the loo, pace the corridor etc. Also positive side meant I could have fluids and sedatives if needed, but again foreign country so don't know if they would do that here.

coneywonder Wed 01-Jul-15 12:07:17

I know if it was me I would ask to be monitored a bit more before being induced. Just because I really don't want to be!! If baby and you are fine why induce? If you are concerned about movements though and you dying to meet them then go for it

Mamamia321 Wed 01-Jul-15 22:00:19

Thanks guys. In the end they offered a sweep but were satisfied with scan etc so I said no bcos I still have stuff to do and two boys to spend time with.

lexyloub Wed 01-Jul-15 22:06:45

I was induced for reduced movement after several days monitoring. My only advice would be don't accept that reduced movement is normal for you and go get checked out every time your movements drop even if that means going in daily to be checked. Just because the scan shows all Is good today doesn't mean it will stay that way. I don't mean to scare you it's your right not to be induced yet as it can take days and days once they start but please keep an eye on your movements

VenusVanDamme Wed 01-Jul-15 22:17:42

I would. I was induced at 35 weeks mainly due to preeclampsia but on overnight monitoring they weren't happy with DS movement either. We'd had a scan that very morning which said everything ok - it wasn't. DS was under 4lb, had stopped growing and my placenta was the worst the midwife had ever seen.

Went straight to drip, had waters broken for me and DS was born about 5 hours after drip started with no intervention and just gas and air.

Just keep an eye on movements and go as often as you need. Just wanted to give my story that induction can be good as you tend to only hear the awful stories where it lasts days.

Mamamia321 Wed 01-Jul-15 23:45:11

Ok thank you. The scan said enough waters and cord fine. Growth ok too. But I am seeing mw again tmrw so will go day by day as suggested yes.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now