Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Rather big 8 weeks pregnant belly (photo)

(7 Posts)
1wokeuplikethis Wed 01-Jul-15 10:57:01

Look! Is it just me or am I pretty big for 8 weeks? I'm lying down in this photo.
I'm convinced I'm having twins this time. It's my second pregnancy but my bump is very noticeable and my boobs have gone up (wait for it) FOUR sizes.

Anybody else got a big early bump? Feel free to share if you like.

I am desperate to find out if it's twins.

flora717 Wed 01-Jul-15 11:23:07

If twins are likely (family history/ fertility treatment) have you requested an early scan.

RaaRaaTheLion Wed 01-Jul-15 11:27:15

This was me at 8 weeks, usually a size 6 and 5ft 2 grin My boobs went from a 32C to a 32F from 4 weeks to 8 ( it's how I knew I was pregnant) and my midwife at my booking appointment either thought I was more like 20 weeks or carrying multiples. I wasn't, I just show very early on due to my small frame apparently!

My bump grew rapidly until about 25 weeks then slowed and I actually measured small towards the end; DD was two weeks late at 8lbs

RaaRaaTheLion Wed 01-Jul-15 11:27:50

Oop, forgot to attach the photo for you; here you go.

1wokeuplikethis Wed 01-Jul-15 11:51:26

Wowee that is an impressive bump!

My first baby was 9lb 13oz and I was the size of a reasonably large boat so perhaps this is just how I cook em.

I didn't think I could request an early scan justs because I think it's twins. Thought you just have to sit tight & wait for the 12 weeks?

I did mention to my mw that I think this and that there's family history on mums side. She was just sort of 'oooh well, could well be twins then' and no mention of early scans.

WannabeLaraCroft Wed 01-Jul-15 12:44:35

I'm massive. I'm 22 weeks now but there was no hiding my pregnancy til my 12 week scan. I look the same size now as I did when I was 8 months pregnant with my DS! Huge boobs too. Don't know anything about early scans, sorry, but good luck! smile

hopingforsleep Wed 01-Jul-15 13:15:05

I had a noticeable to me bump at 6 weeks (and to others not much later) with my second pregnancy. Had a really strong feeling it was twins, despite no family history and very mild pregnancy symptoms. Scan at 13 weeks proved me right, 18 weeks now and look about 6 months

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now