Talk

Advanced search

In agony

(13 Posts)
Moominy12 Wed 01-Jul-15 05:37:09

Can anyone offer advice.

I woke up in the night in the most horrendous pain at 38 weeks in my upper stomach only. I could barely breathe and was nearly passing out. In the end I rang the maternity ward and ended up going in. Was there 2 hours and after checks etc I was only 2cm dilated and told me just to basically put up with this pain and go home then see how it goes.

Well I'm home and still in agony, I can't breath in very well or lay down. Something just isn't right and it's nothing to do with the pregnancy. I'm close to ringing an ambulance. What could this be!?!?!

ceebelle83 Wed 01-Jul-15 05:41:40

Is it a constant agony or does it come and go in waves?

lljkk Wed 01-Jul-15 05:41:52

Have you taken any pain killers?
I'm wondering about some kind of spasm or even the world's worst heartburn. But not sure why that would affect breathing.
Does it change if you move around or lie down differently?

Moominy12 Wed 01-Jul-15 05:43:39

I've tried paracetamol which hasn't helped a bit and the pain is just constant. It's so painful breathing in hard and laying on my side. I'm just sitting up on the sofa putting up with the pain at the minute thinking of what to do

IBelieveInPink Wed 01-Jul-15 06:15:56

If it's not in bump, I'd be suspecting something else.... Poor you! Can you call GP for some advice? Thinking along the lines of gallstones here...
Hope it goes away very soon!

Rosenwyn1985 Wed 01-Jul-15 08:35:35

If you haven't done it already call out of hours or the doctor. I could hardly breathe yesterday which I later realised was asthma. Wasn't like any attack I'd had previously, but I did my peak flow and it was very low. I dosed up on inhalers and resolved to go to the doc today if it hadn't improved. Thankfully it has. Could be something completely unrelated and if you're struggling to breathe that's not good for baby either!

ceebelle83 Wed 01-Jul-15 09:52:16

I'm thinking extreme heartburn. Poor you. Hope you feel better soon xx

Skiptonlass Wed 01-Jul-15 10:02:43

Could be heartburn, which can be an absolute bitch. But epigastric pain can also be a sign of pre eclampsia.

You know your own body - if it's so severe you're thinking of an ambulance you need to be seen. I'd go back if I were you, not under blue lights if you can manage smileand push to see a doctor, not the midwife.

lljkk Wed 01-Jul-15 11:50:22

Any better?
If nothing else they should be able to reduce the pain & make sure you're breathing is safe.

flora717 Wed 01-Jul-15 11:58:39

Any sickness? Could it be your gallbladder?

SirVixofVixHall Wed 01-Jul-15 12:09:13

Go back in. That level of pain isn't something you should be dealing with at home. I agree with pp that is could be something else, gallstones can be caused by pregnancy, and the pain sounds like it could be gallbladder pain.

Moominy12 Wed 01-Jul-15 18:42:21

Turns out I had food posioning!

But whilst in the I got examined and told I was 2cm and in 'slow labour'

Was made out that things will happen in the next 48 hours especially now I'd been examined but had absolutely nothing today, just a little uncomfortable pressure but no pain.

Did anyone have this at 2cm then suddenly start labour?

lljkk Wed 01-Jul-15 19:16:58

Ah, food poisoning at your stage still demands checking over. Glad you got an explanation and sounds like all will be ok.

Yes labour can come on suddenly or tediously slowly. Sorry, no way to predict!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now