Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Should I b worried? Scan tmrw following reduced movements

(8 Posts)
Mamamia321 Tue 30-Jun-15 23:46:50

38 weeks. Last couple weeks pattern same but less kicking style more rolling. Head engaged. Mw said as long as pattern same dont worry. Today def less moving so had trace. Very quiet at first then picked up, never the less as second Time I have asked about movements having scan to check growth, amniotic fluid, cord etc tmrw. Is this normal..? Mw did say heat cld be cause.

applecore0317 Wed 01-Jul-15 03:38:28

I had this done at 39 weeks, they did it as a precaution as it was my second time going in for reduced movements and although the trace was ok I still wasn't happy as she hadn't gone nuts like she normally did when being monitored.

The scan was all fine, fluid levels normal, they also checked blood flow from the placenta and babies size. All came back normal for me.

MissTwister Wed 01-Jul-15 07:12:02

Don't worry - if there were any problems (which is unlikely) then it would be picked up today. They will look for all key things such as blood flow and fluid levels.

I've found movements are changing as I get bigger - some days no kicks just lots of wriggles and squirms.

Good luck x

lexyloub Wed 01-Jul-15 07:35:06

I also had this done after 2 bouts of reduced movement they're mainly checking the flow of the placenta and water levels it's nothing to worry about. Your at term anyway now if they do detect a problem they'll induce you. My scan was fine but I continued to have reduced movements the heart trace was fine every time I was monitored but seemed he was 'asleep' alot. In the end I was being monitored every day for 5 days before they could induce Me at 39+2

Mamamia321 Wed 01-Jul-15 10:05:06

Ok fingers crossed off for scan now.

MissTwister Wed 01-Jul-15 11:26:43

Lexyloub - if the movements were constantly reduced how do you determine that they were reduced if you see what I mean!? Were they not just the new normal?

I find it all a bit confusing!

lexyloub Wed 01-Jul-15 15:05:45

He just never moved much, the days I went in to be monitored were pre arranged appointment each day until they could fit me in to the ward for induction. Every time I was monitored he rarely moved and was 'sleeping ' they said, no amount of sugary foods or cold drinks budged him. The blood flow and water levels were fine as was his heart rate they didn't have concerns as such he was just lazy but as I was term decided it was better to induce before any potential problems did start. He's still as lazy on the outside as he was in the womb.

MissTwister Wed 01-Jul-15 18:58:15

How did the scan go? X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now