Talk

Advanced search

35+3 & feeling very scared

(15 Posts)
MumToBe2015R Tue 30-Jun-15 22:19:47

So I'm 35+3 and only have couple of weeks left & get this baby out! I'm feeling really scared sad

Can't speak to DH about this as he doesn't think its a big deal & feels I'll be fine. But Its a first time for me & I just feel I won't be able to do it.

I am on the larger side 99kg. I'm scared I won't make it through all this. Is it normal to think like this or am I just being stupid?

Lonz Tue 30-Jun-15 23:51:18

I absolutely felt like that when pregnant for months. You will do it. I didn't think I would be able to but I did. The pain goes after, it's forgotten, like people say and you may even find the pains to be more bearable than you thought. You get into yourself, listen to your body and you will. I know it's overwhelming, but make sure you have support and encouragement. xx

Mamamia321 Tue 30-Jun-15 23:51:57

Is normal. I am on number 3 and 38 weeks and apprehensive about labour. You may av n easy one. good luck keep posting .

coneywonder Wed 01-Jul-15 00:01:40

Hi op I'm 39 weeks tomorrow and I know how you feel.

I'm larger than you and I really wouldn't worry about that side of things.

Our bodies were made for this and it may be painful but that's what the drugs are there for! I up until last week was adament I wasn't going to have anything but gas and air but now I'm not going to put that much pressure on myself and go with the flow. My pain threshold is bloody awful anyway haha.

When I'm feeling anxious about the labour I google positive birth stories and read those. Don't read or listen to horror stories. Good luck

BiscuitMillionaire Wed 01-Jul-15 00:10:46

You could listen to hypnobirthing CDs - check out CDs you can buy at www.natalhypnotherapy.com - even listening for the next couple of weeks will help you feel calmer and more positive. Good luck.

coneywonder Wed 01-Jul-15 00:23:31

I second what biscuit said. I have been listening and if anything they help you relax and breathe

applecore0317 Wed 01-Jul-15 03:33:40

I used a hypnobirthing thing cd and it really helped me, particularly in the weeks leading up to labour as helped me be positive and more relaxed about it. You'll be amazed at what your body can do when it needs to. I was nervous about how I would handle it being a bit of a wimp myself, but I completely surprised myself and managed it without any pain relief.

I was completely open to having an epidural and whatever else could be offered, but focussed on the fact that each contraction bought me closer to meeting my daughter.

The only thing I can really recommend is going in with an open mind, reminding yourself that there are pain relief options and that at the end of it you will have your gorgeous bundle in your arms smile

honeysucklejasmine Wed 01-Jul-15 04:10:19

Your body has grown a whole, brand new, human life in just over 9 months! How amazing is that? Getting it out is small fry compared to making it.

MumToBe2015R Wed 01-Jul-15 10:40:10

Thank you for the advice ladies, definetly makes me feel better smile

Coney have u ever had complications? Due to being large. That's the only thing that worries me.

MumToBe2015R Wed 01-Jul-15 10:40:44

Will start to watch some positive birth videos/stories

coneywonder Wed 01-Jul-15 12:03:55

No I haven't had any complications I have had a text book pregnancy apart from spd and thyroid which is nothing to do with my weight. I would look at some things online the only things they say could be an issue is "bigger mum bigger baby" meaning their shoulders could get stuck but I have known 3 of my friends who are sizes 8 to 12 this year have over 9lb babies and non of them got stuck!! There's research out there that says this is just common sense and isn't guranteed to happen. Also I think there's a stigma attached the bigger women not being fit enough for birth...well we were fit enough to get pregnant...that's what my midwife told me. It doesn't make any sense, all women were made to birth babies. Fair enough if.you were 75 stone but we aren't and we can do this

I will post my birth story if I deliver before you if you want to hear it, fingers crossed it's at positive one. Im not going to lie I am nervous about the birth but not because I'm bigger but because it's my first baby!! We will be fine. Good luck smile

lilac3033 Wed 01-Jul-15 12:33:56

I was 98-99kg when I had my first in May. She was 8lb 2oz, so don't worry about weight correlation to birth weight. I would agree about being open to the pain relief available. I would also recommend a TENS machine. I was open to pain relief but ended up with the TENS, paracetamol and G&A (through transition). I asked for Pethidine but while the midwife went to get it I started needing to push! I went from 3cm to 10cm in about 4-5 hours. I think the key as everyone has said is being open to pain relief and remembering that the pain has a purpose. I found that while it was painful, it wasn't scary or overwhelming because I knew I had relief available and I knew why I was in pain!

coneywonder Wed 01-Jul-15 13:00:41

That advice has helped me lilac thanks smile

MissTwister Wed 01-Jul-15 13:16:54

I will third Natal Hypnotherapy. Just looking at the book calms me down!

MumToBe2015R Fri 03-Jul-15 11:35:28

Yes pls Coney would love to hear your birth story x

Thank you Coney & lilac advise helps x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now