Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Maternity bra fitting

(8 Posts)
whatsoever Tue 30-Jun-15 20:39:19

Anyone have any particularly good recommendations to get fitted for maternity bras? I went to M&S last time who I thought were a bit crap. I went to Mother care for nursing bras who were good at the fitting but had a pretty poor selection. Good fitting and nice bras would be good. TIA.

Blackandwhitecat3 Wed 01-Jul-15 18:39:32

Hello, I second the crap bras at m&s.

Debenhams have a wide range of maternity and other non underwired bras, and plenty that are not too cheap.

I like the Royce bras stocked in JL. They don't keep many in stock though, so I ended up ordering online.

Hot milk are good - online only.

Hth

Lucy61 Wed 01-Jul-15 20:56:12

Get fitted at mother care then buy elsewhere. Also, I found bra extenders life savers when I was pregnant with ds1. They make strap that goes around your middle longer so you can wear a normal bra, as long as it's not underwired.

HazleNutt Wed 01-Jul-15 21:02:04

no don't get fitter in Mothercare, they have no idea. Try Bravissimo. And it's fine to wear underwired bras when pregnant or breastfeeding as well, as long as they fit.

badg3r Wed 01-Jul-15 21:35:07

Bravissimo. Without a doubt. M&S are terrible. I got two nursing bras from bravissimo when i was nine months pregnant, seven months on they are still the only bras i have worn. They are expensive but you get what you pay for.

Lucy61 Wed 01-Jul-15 23:13:14

Ah yes! They are right- Bravissimo is what you need.

Matilda30 Thu 02-Jul-15 08:24:56

I was fitted at m&s earlyish on in my pregnancy and it was suggested I get some t shirt bras which I've been wearing-they're comfy but don't look nice and the cups have gone a bit misshapen in the wash but I'm not too fussed. I second using bra extenders as my chest circumference just seems to keep expanding but cup size has stayed the same.

Catsgowoof Thu 02-Jul-15 08:37:02

I second bravissimo and the fact that nothing bad will happen to you in a well fitting under-wired bra

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now