Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Ligament pain relief?

(2 Posts)
Clairejessica123 Tue 30-Jun-15 16:07:07

I'm just over 21 weeks and suffering with ligament pain on my upper left leg/groin/left lower bump. Is there anything I can do to ease this? I find sitting slightly onto my right taking the weight of it helps but obviously isn't very practical

Aquarius1 Tue 30-Jun-15 18:31:50

Hi clairejessica, sorry to hear you're in pain - I had groin & coccyx pain at about 25 -28 weeks and it was really miserable. I went to an antenatal group physio session which the MW told me about where they suggested ice packs, or heat, and taking the weight off using pillows between legs / under hips etc. they also suggested getting a pelvic cushion &making sure you keep an eye on your posture if sitting for long periods. If it's really unbearable see your GP & ask if they'd refer you to a physio. Hopefully it'll go away after a few weeks- mine seems to have eased off as long as I don't do too much walking or lifting.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now