Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

hip pain

(10 Posts)
tinyme135 Tue 30-Jun-15 13:11:35

I was told my hip pain could be due to hips getting wider and all that jazz but I'm only 13 weeks today (I think I am, find out on Thursday) and didn't expect it to come this early. I'm just wondering if anyone can help me with the pain. Paracetamol isn't touching it and no matter how i sit/lie/stand the pain is horrible I can't even walk, I'm walking with a limp. Any help will be grateful smile

amarmai Tue 30-Jun-15 13:27:35

you need to get a second opinion . Maybe a pinched nerve?

tinyme135 Tue 30-Jun-15 13:43:25

If it doesn't ease by the weekend I'll go docs but my god does it hurt

Toothfairy7 Tue 30-Jun-15 14:12:21

I get this too sad but I started getting it later in second trimester and god it does hurt I agree.. Especially after sleeping for too long on one side. I do reckon part of it is because everything is shifting ready for the baby to be born. I have a bath and try and exercise gently which is hard at first but then appears to ease .

tinyme135 Tue 30-Jun-15 14:56:30

I tried to walk it off, put ice/heat on it even got my OH to massage it but nothing. I hardly slept cause of it sad

MrsGentlyBenevolent Tue 30-Jun-15 15:09:33

I'm the same, have been for weeks (now 26+3). Worse on my right side, can wake up in agony, feels like a terrible cramp (if that makes sense). Pretty sure it's now SPD or similar,it's certainly spread to my pelvis and lower blush. Walking like a penguin, don't even have a huge bump to compensate for it! Any chance of asking your midwife, when's your next appointment?

tinyme135 Tue 30-Jun-15 15:12:52

I have my scan on Thursday and my MW appointment on the 23rd x

Skiptonlass Tue 30-Jun-15 17:13:00

Go see a physio. I was really surprised at how much it helped me.

Toothfairy7 Tue 30-Jun-15 17:17:26

The pain is exactly the same here too... Pain wakes me up and then I can hardly walk... Not pleasant .. I'm sorry you are suffering, definitely discuss with midwife then or GP and see what they suggest because that's just no fun sad

tinyme135 Tue 30-Jun-15 17:38:02

People keep laughing at me cause I'm walking funny -.- no fun

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now