Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Low hcg and baby measuring small... how bad is this?

(4 Posts)
eggsnbeans Tue 30-Jun-15 08:59:57

I'm 10w pregnant with no 3. Had a scan 3 weeks ago which dated me at 7 weeks, which was a week behind my LMP dates so I assumed it had just implanted late. Just got my blood hcg back (was taken the same day at 7w) and is in the 10-15th percentile for 7 weeks pregnant.

Taking into account both of these results, is it likely the pregnancy is doomed? Has anyone else had really low hcg levels and had a normal pregnancy?
Obviously nothing I can do but just trying to be mentally prepared for bad news at my 12w scan.
Thanks

Appleblossom82 Tue 30-Jun-15 09:03:22

I have no experience of this but you were measuring approximately right and your hcg was still within normal threholds. Someone has got to be at the lower end and someone at the higher end. Cant all be in the middle!

I dont think you should necessarily be worried. Can you afford a private peace of mind scan? I had one at 10 weeks and it was magical.

mummyneedinganswers Tue 30-Jun-15 09:08:50

When I was meant to be 7 weeks I was measuring 4 weeks and my hcg was only 270 and I was in hospital for a ruptured ovarian and two days later my hcg levels were only 440 and the Dr told me they were meant to be in the thousands but I'm 18 weeks now and all is fine xx

flora717 Tue 30-Jun-15 13:29:48

Did you ask for a follow up HCG test? You can see if has continued along that centile?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now