Talk

Advanced search

Femi pads/ perineum compresses?

(10 Posts)
GentlyGentlyOhDear Mon 29-Jun-15 19:01:20

Not a very glam subject, but needs must!

My midwife mentioned a pad you can use to cool and soothe the swollen/sore perineum area, but I can't seem to find these anywhere. I think they are something you can freeze and then pop in your pants.
I've found and bought something from boots called 'Multi gyn' or something, but these are tiny bits of tissue with some sort of gel on. I've bought a pack (£12 for 12!), but I'm not overly impressed with them.

Does anyone know the sort of thing I'm talking about and can recommend anything?

JRWREN2110 Mon 29-Jun-15 19:21:02

If I were you, I would save yourself some pennies and put sanitary towels in the freezer! Might do the trick!

coneywonder Mon 29-Jun-15 19:31:20

I have bought these the reviews are very good

www.earthmamaangelbaby.co.uk/shop/postpartum-bath-herbs.html

I have also made some of these up too:

Maternity pad, aloe Vera gel, witch hazel and tea tree, put them in freezer smile

GentlyGentlyOhDear Mon 29-Jun-15 19:34:53

Thanks ladies.
I was being a bit lazy thinking I could just buy some ready prepared stuff off the shelf, but will make my own compress concoction!
I do need to get some aloe vera gel and I remember using witch hazel on sanitary towels last time.
Oh the joys of pregnancy and birth hmm

Runningupthathill82 Mon 29-Jun-15 19:38:01

I used a mini ice pack, wrapped in a flannel. The glamour!

Daffodil1210 Mon 29-Jun-15 19:39:17

She may have been talking about Feme Pads which you can buy from Amazon - they come with these gauze disposable covers

coneywonder Mon 29-Jun-15 19:39:37

The link I sent you. You can make them in a bowl of water like a cup of tea but a bowl ha and then freeze them and put them in your pants. You then use the water from the bag in your bath

GentlyGentlyOhDear Mon 29-Jun-15 19:59:54

Brill!
I've ordered an ice pack and am debating the postpartum bath herbs. I might try with the witch hazel and tea tree oil first as I've got these in the cupboard somewhere.
I think it is feme pads the midwife meant. Debating whether £15 is worth it, given I've just wasted 12 quid on this stupid multi gyn things!

Runningupthathill82 Mon 29-Jun-15 20:08:37

Your midwife might give you some for free anyway? Mine gave me some fab packs to put in the freezer after she saw what the forceps did to me (aaaaaargh!)

jlsmwg Fri 01-Sep-17 12:31:00

Perineal cold packs are available in the UK on Amazon. They're instant and don't need a freezer! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now