Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

CTG Test

(4 Posts)
sarah00001 Sun 28-Jun-15 23:15:01

Hi, I had to go to hospital today for a CTG test due to experiencing abdominal pain. I was told I would stay on the machine for about 45 mins, but I was left on it for an hour and a quarter as I think the midwife forgot about me. Does anyone know if this is ok to be left for this amount of time on the machine? My baby was kicking like crazy the whole time and her heart rate was quite high so I'm concerned she may have been distressed.

Thank you, Sarah

Izzy24 Sun 28-Jun-15 23:18:52

There is no evidence that this can have affected your baby so please try not to worry.

Jellybean100 Sun 28-Jun-15 23:52:12

If she was kicking and moving about her heart rate would have been raised and this is a good sign that baby is well. In labour high risk women are left on the monitor for their entire labour which is sometimes 12+ hours. 30-45 mins is just the average time needed to check all is ok with baby

sarah00001 Mon 29-Jun-15 09:49:21

Thank you both, this has reassured me. I didn't know much about ctg testing before yesterday and whether there were any maximum time limits for staying on the machine, but it sounds like its fine to be on them for a long time if need be.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now