Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Is 15 weeks too early to feel movement with your first?

(17 Posts)
Frillsandspills Sun 28-Jun-15 15:29:49

Sorry for posting yet another question but it was bugging me a bit..

I'm 15+2 with my first and I was lying on my left side really still last night and i felt twitching in my lower abdomen (way below my belly button but a little above my knicker line) it wasn't as 'sharp' as a twitch so I'd explain it as a dull twitch? Although I'm rubbish at explaining feelings of any sort.
I also felt a feeling that I can only describe it as when you're on a rollercoaster and your tummy flips, but obviously not as intense or sickly and lower down, I thought it might have been baby turning round or something, as I could sort of feel the pressure of something which gave a funny feeling.
It was so subtle I was scared to think it was baby too much in case it wasn't although I'm convinced it is!
Just wondering if anyone else had this sort of feeling or is it too early for that? I've heard with your first you tend to feel it quite late on so I'm a bit skeptical.
I'm quite thin if that makes a difference, size 8 so I'm not sure if that makes me a little more sensitive to movements.

I hope it was baby movements because it's very reassuring!

Finola1step Sun 28-Jun-15 15:32:23

It does sound a little early but not dissimilar to the first movements I had with ds. Are you absolutely sure on your dates?

Finola1step Sun 28-Jun-15 15:34:06

Also, try lying in the same position each day for the next week or so. See if you feel something similar.

nannyplumislostinspace Sun 28-Jun-15 15:37:30

Not too early in my experience!

mummyneedinganswers Sun 28-Jun-15 15:40:36

I'm 17 weeks with my first and felt first movements last night but mine was like a tap I actually jumped out of bed it was that strong and distinctive and then my dp felt it too. I never felt anything before this but I think it depends on you in yourself x

MagpieCursedTea Sun 28-Jun-15 15:43:13

I felt DS move at around 15 weeks and he was my first.

Frillsandspills Sun 28-Jun-15 15:44:01

i think my dates are correct yes, I had a scan at 12+5 which put me nearly a week ahead of what they put me at at 6 weeks. So I'm not sure if maybe I'm slightly further?

I'll try again if not I'll know it was something different. I've never noticed it in a different position but fingers crossed it was smile

JRWREN2110 Sun 28-Jun-15 16:07:23

I felt movements from 14 weeks, from 16 weeks I could see her move through my stomach. Loads of people told me it was way to early, kind of felt like a tickle, really light and subtle. I asked my midwife and she said it definitely was, and the more pregnant I got the movements developed. I am now awaiting her arrival, I thought because I felt her so early she might come early, now a week late, guess I make a good baby house! Good luck with your pregnancy smile!

Appleblossom82 Sun 28-Jun-15 16:10:18

I had twitchy feelings from around 18 weeks. Now at 22 weeks ive got more like the bubbles feelings others describe.

ApplesTheHare Sun 28-Jun-15 16:13:35

I felt movement from 14 weeks (mini versions of the bigger kicks I got later) and it felt a bit like I'd imagine popcorn popping would feel in place of a baby. The midwife said small people often feel movement fairly early.

Matilda30 Sun 28-Jun-15 19:40:53

I think I was about 16 weeks and then found out I have a low posterior placenta so this could be why I felt movement early. The first movements felt like muscle twitches for me, like when you have a muscle spasm when you're tired.

spottedquoll Sun 28-Jun-15 22:30:19

I felt my first at around 15 weeks, though I wasn't absolutely sure it was her until 16. By 17 weeks you could see elbows and feet sticking out as she wriggled when I was in the bath. She hasn't stopped wriggling since (she's nearly 3). grin

soloula Sun 28-Jun-15 22:41:42

Both of mine I felt from about 12 weeks. Both were like being tickled inside with a feather. smile

LBOCS Sun 28-Jun-15 22:42:29

I definitely felt movement before my 16wk midwife appointment, as they asked about it.

charlieis30 Mon 29-Jun-15 09:40:30

i didnt feel real movements until almost 20 weeks as i have an anterior placenta which makes them less easy to feel. try not to worry too much, i has quite a lot of flutters before proper movement.

RaaRaaTheLion Mon 29-Jun-15 09:47:57

I felt DD at 14 weeks, it was definitely movement and not just gas like I was told by the majority of people. It depends a lot on baby/placenta position

Littlebunnyboy130 Mon 29-Jun-15 13:22:13

I felt mine at twelve weeks, midwife said it's because I was so slim. Felt like bubbling, popping and fizzing smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now