Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

1st baby, when will i start showing?

(15 Posts)
darrenwis Sun 28-Jun-15 13:49:11

Hi all,

I know everyone is different but was wondering at when i will notice my bump starting to grow, im 12 weeks on Tuesday.

Thanks.

Appleblossom82 Sun 28-Jun-15 13:54:01

My jeans and trousers were tight at 8 weeks and a definite bump there by 16ish weeks. It varies massively from woman to woman though as you say.

DarylDixonsDarlin Sun 28-Jun-15 13:55:31

I didn't show with my first until after 20 weeks (in clothes), altho I could notice a bump myself from about 15 weeks. Second, showed much earlier, third was same as the first confused

MissMartin10 Sun 28-Jun-15 13:56:27

im only 10w with my first, and started to feel alittle 'round' im only slim but my belly is very bloated and i already look pregnant so im just going with it lol. . its normally around 16w i believe butbmy friend is 22w and dosent have even the tiniest bump yet hehe

milliemanzi Sun 28-Jun-15 13:56:54

I think I didn't start showing till about 18 weeks, I've always had a pot belly though so it was kind of hidden by that for quite a while!

eurochick Sun 28-Jun-15 13:57:48

People at work had guessed by about 13/14 weeks when I started to tell people. I was quite slim so it was fairly obvious.

Lj8893 Sun 28-Jun-15 13:59:10

I don't think I really started to show until 25 ish weeks. I'm quite fat though!

Cornettoninja Sun 28-Jun-15 13:59:47

i've managed to gain a nice layer of fat but the last couple of weeks it's started looking a bit more bump-like although it's still slighty squishy. I'm 18 going on 19 weeks.

I can't suck my stomach in to look thinner anymore but leggings and trousers still make a slight muffin top where they grip the waist iyswim, I can still get away with using a hair band as an extender for my normal trousers. I reckon a couple more weeks and it'll harden up into a proper bump.

I'm just looking forward to not just looking a bit porky!

BreeVDKamp Sun 28-Jun-15 14:19:10

I didn't show until about 30 weeks - I could see my bump before this, but even family didn't really see it.

It could have something to do with your shape and size though - I was size 14 top 16 bottoms before though, so maybe that's why.

I worked with someone who literally never got to the showing stage though and she was slim! Wide hips though perhaps.

BreeVDKamp Sun 28-Jun-15 14:21:17

Also I was really pissed off not to show much. Our local area is FULL of pregnant women and they all got much more attention from kindly strangers and shop assistants than I did! I felt most left out <hormonal> grin

Frillsandspills Sun 28-Jun-15 14:24:31

I'm 15 weeks with my first and still not showing although jeans are a little tighter. When my bladder is REALLY full I've notice my womb sort of stick out but it just disappeares once my bladder empties.

austengirl Sun 28-Jun-15 22:25:39

My bump didn't start to become obvious until about 18-19 weeks. Certain clothes make it more noticeable though. So don't be worried if it's not visible until further into your second trimester.

Snowflake15 Sun 28-Jun-15 22:28:27

20 weeks for me

Stinkersmum Sun 28-Jun-15 22:31:38

I had to buy maternity trousers at 13 weeks but didn't actually look pregnant til about 20 weeks. I'm fairly tall and slim. I look pregnant now but not as big as some others at 25 weeks but I think as I have a long body there's more room length wise before it goes outwards!

Ludways Sun 28-Jun-15 22:36:13

It depends on your stomach muscles, I had some very strong ones when I had dc1, I didn't show till about 24 weeks. After that my stomach muscles were shot I showed with dc2 about 2 hours after conception! Lol

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now