Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Um.. Did I make my baby fat?

(14 Posts)
Hattiebones Sun 28-Jun-15 12:37:34

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Appleblossom82 Sun 28-Jun-15 12:44:58

Wow. They didnt even measure anything other than length and nt at my 12 week scan.

I had a bmi of 31 at booking. God knows what it is now at 22 weeks and a stone heavier but at our 20 week scan our baby had long legs and a middle measuring bang on average. I eat a fair amount of chocolate, so unless you are eating crap day in day out i highly doubt your baby is fat at 12 weeks....do they even have fat at that point?!

That said obviously its best to eat as healthy as possible and exercise blah blah blah wink

Appleblossom82 Sun 28-Jun-15 12:45:28

My guess is she was joking

WorldsBiggestGrotbag Sun 28-Jun-15 12:46:44

I think it was probably a joke smile. Both my babies have had bigger abdomens on scans. DD was 7lbs 12oz, completely normal sized abdomen, is now 19 months and thin as a rake (DC2 due in 2 weeks).

BaronessBomburst Sun 28-Jun-15 12:46:52

I think she was joking too.

EdithWeston Sun 28-Jun-15 12:58:43

Joking.

And not a particularly good joke at that.

MissTwister Sun 28-Jun-15 13:43:56

A poorly timed joke. Your eating wouldn't have that effect at that point unless you had diabetes or similar. My baby measured 75th for abdomen at 20 week scan but that is a completely normal measurement don't worry!

All I ate for first 12 weeks was cheese, pastries and coco pops!

ShipShapeAhoy Sun 28-Jun-15 13:45:48

Sounds like that was a joke to me. Probably not good to joke to a pregnant woman though. It's a worrying time!

lljkk Sun 28-Jun-15 14:43:39

bad joke, trying to put you at ease. Did you seem nervous?

Flisspaps Sun 28-Jun-15 14:50:49

She's talking bollocks.

mummyneedinganswers Sun 28-Jun-15 15:46:51

Yes I would say she was joking but I wouldadvise you to limit your sugar intake as all the sugar you eat your baby gets to and it can cause you to have a very big baby I don't eat sugary foods or drinks even before pregnancy but I have gestational diabetes and the consultant actually told me that lots of sugar can make your baby fat and that big baby's are not necessarily healthy babies. I know this really applies to myself as I have GD but limit the sugar as you wouldn't feed your baby loads of chocolate wen born so why wen in the womb ? xx

Hattiebones Mon 29-Jun-15 18:02:43

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

lljkk Wed 01-Jul-15 17:51:46

I imagine the sonographers so often have to deliver bad news, they probably just enjoyed finding something good to say.

Greenrememberedhills Wed 01-Jul-15 17:59:09

Anyway, even if you had a six month old fat baby, it is meaningless. My friend used to have really fat babies, but it turned out that they were very tall and skinny.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now