Talk

Advanced search

Unexpected third pregnancy

(5 Posts)
terf Sun 28-Jun-15 06:16:30

Pregnant with a surprise baby - 5 weeks along and I don't know how to feel. I would say I feel nervous and happy. A part of me wonders how I'm going to do this - I finally had found a groove with my career and the kids are older and more independent now but I'm also excited because it's a baby and my children give me so much joy. My partner is very supportive but I don't get any help from family even though they are nearby. I'm also almost 40 and scared that there maybe risks involved with being pregnant at this age. So basically just looking for some positivity and hope.

redcaryellowcar Sun 28-Jun-15 06:27:52

I only have two dc, dh isn't keen on a third, so your situation is the only way this would happen, I know quite a few people with surprise third babies, including my grandma (my dad was a surprise third baby) and they are always lovely chilled out people! Congratulations.

Stinkersmum Sun 28-Jun-15 06:39:28

Hi. I'm pregnant at 40 with dc1. Yes, there are more risks, but the %age is still minimal & having any problems is still the exception rather than the norm. Although I have been a bundle of worry.... My 20 week scan did she me relax a lot more though. Obviously I can't comment on how to handle the career thing (I don't work) or the children thing (I don't have any others), but I do live abroad so have no family support immediately available.... As long as your dp is supportive, you'll be fine. Congratulations smile

CheerfulYank Sun 28-Jun-15 06:45:13

I have a six week old surprise #3 and he's gorgeous smile

Of course it's a little different in that we planned on having a third but not for quite some time, so it did throw me for a loop. But he's perfect...or would be if he didn't think the middle of the night was playtime wink

nicnicspicnic Sun 28-Jun-15 09:58:38

I had a surprise #3 with a 16mth gap between #2 and #3. I always say that 3 children isn't much more difficult than 2 although 3 boys (which is what I have is) are quite loud. I'm now very unexpectedly pregnant with #4 and I'm 41 (you'd think we'd have sussed out contraception by now!) It's the age thing and associated risks that I've been more bothered by this time rather than the number of children or the effect on my career. Off to have a Harmony Test tomorrow which is my next worry. I know this isn't particularly positive but I think once you get through your pregnancy it will all be fine. Good luck.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now