Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Has anyone used lavender oil on the first trimester?

(10 Posts)
kacekace Sat 27-Jun-15 15:16:01

I switched my usual products to an organic Avalon Lavender Oil facial and body cream w/c has a strong "real lavender oil" in it. I did so to avoid Paraben products since Im pg. So Im just 6wks pg now and Ive used it for about 10x on my face, arms and legs. Its my first pregnancy so I dont really know what's normal to feel or not. I was always having uterine contractions but at first I didnt relate it to the Avalon products. When I read abt lavender oils not being good I stopped using it and the contractions have also stopped. It's been 2 days since I stopped so I know I didnt miscarry, no spotting etc. but Im worried about my unborn child. Could it hv any effect on him/her? This Avalon cosmetics thing is a scam, they dont even put a NOT FOR PREGNANT WOMEN on their label. I read the label before purchasing it, i thought it was safe for me. Please help.

babymouse Sat 27-Jun-15 16:02:26

Have you contacted your midwife about this? It is possible that the contractions and the lavender use are coincidental and not causal.

There was a thread eons ago about this but it was agreed that there wasn't enough lavender in these products to cause problems. But if you are worried about it stop using the lotion.

Focusfocus Sat 27-Jun-15 16:03:54

Absolutely nothing will happen.

And yes I've used a variety of essential oils in measured proportions for the last decade of my life. I am currently 22 weeks and lavender oil on my pillow, bath water, under heels has been of great comfort.

I've also had lion stamped runny eggs. Melty brie on upper crust sandwiches. McFlurries a couple of times.

Baby has had a fab anomaly scan and is currently dancing on my bladder.

My lesson from this all is - chill out.

Focusfocus Sat 27-Jun-15 16:05:52

And period cramps are txt remedy common in early pregnancy. In. Y notes diary it says I was walking about with tampons in weeks 5-6 owing the feeling that I was going to come on any minute such strong were the period like feelings.

MissTwister Sat 27-Jun-15 18:20:58

Did you post the same post a few weeks ago? There was another one about these Avalon products saying exactly same thing - i remember the 'its a scam' line as that confused me...how is it a scam?

MissTwister Sat 27-Jun-15 18:24:33

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/pregnancy/226173-oh-no-now-im-scared-about-lavender-oil

Here it is, posted a month ago. Has something else happened that you've posted it again? I assume you must be due your 12 week scan very soon?

happygojo Sat 27-Jun-15 18:25:02

I remember this exact wording from a while ago too....

Focusfocus Sun 28-Jun-15 07:42:36

Aaaaaaaaah. Some good old spam. And I bit.

WorldsBiggestGrotbag Sun 28-Jun-15 07:46:57

Have you got some sort of vendetta against Avalon?

happygojo Sun 28-Jun-15 08:12:14

I reported it last night as it seems a bit weird, but then even as spam it is quite weird

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now