Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

hayfever sufferers join me

(6 Posts)
K8eee Sat 27-Jun-15 14:25:35

I'm 21 weeks and omg today is the worst day I've ever had. gp has prescribed me beconase nasal spray and opticrom eye drops, but 10 minutes in to playing with dd in the garden my face is a mess sad envy anyone else suffering?

FernGullysWoollyPully Sat 27-Jun-15 14:31:28

I'm not but my wee lad has it so bad I completely sympathise with you. You can get a nasal blocker cream that you apply just around your nostrils, it really helps him. It's called Nasal Guard.

BawbagBiggins Sat 27-Jun-15 14:36:47

My doctor prescribed me citizirine throughout my pregnancy as my asthma flairs up badly (one of many symptoms) if my hayfever is not under control. He was concerned that the asthma would be more harmful than any side effects of the antihistamine - however, piriton (or any of the old fashioned drowsy anti histamines) should be able to be taken if you consult your doctor first. I feel your pain - not pregnant but really suffering with hayfever this week....I never look forward to the summer

K8eee Sat 27-Jun-15 14:36:58

fern is it ok to use whilst pg? I've never had it this bad before. I'm not sure if it's worse this year or whether it's just because I'm pg

FernGullysWoollyPully Sat 27-Jun-15 14:43:40

Yes, it's fine as it's drug free.

Ficidy Sat 27-Jun-15 15:44:45

I've had to give in and take Piriton. I've tried absolutely everything else and nothing was working. I did a lot of research on it and it's safe - just don't take it near the end of your pregnancy. 17.5 weeks and can fully empathise.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now