Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

What do you do when you can't hide it anymore?

(9 Posts)
Baguettes Sat 27-Jun-15 10:23:22

I'm 9 weeks. Third pregnancy. I have one DS, who was big (10lb 4oz) and my stomach muscles have just given up. I'm huge. I know it's bloat / fat and the baby is tiny but I LOOK pregnant.

It's becoming really difficult impossible to hide, and trying to conceal it is tiring.

If you've grown huge before being ready to tell people, what did you do? Keep on with the baggy tops?

ColdCottage Sat 27-Jun-15 10:34:16

I'd guess baggy tops and moan about bloating. Empire dresses and long scarfs

LoveLetters Sat 27-Jun-15 11:04:08

Haha I'm on my third and by the afternoon I look 5 months pregnant smile baggy tops!! Although yesterday I wore a nice tight top and flaunted my bump while shopping. If I saw anyone I knew I just though screw it

Baguettes Sat 27-Jun-15 11:33:39

I like your style, loveletters grin

darcykey101 Sat 27-Jun-15 11:38:11

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

cathpip Sat 27-Jun-15 13:03:14

I'm on my 4th and quite frankly gave up trying to hide the obvious bump/bloat, most people were oblivious and the rest just thought I'd put on a little weight and were frightened to ask incase I wasn't pregnant smile. I think the penny finally dropped about a week before my scan, I'm quite surprised I lasted that long seeing as I look pregnant before I take a test usually!

WinterOfOurDiscountTents15 Sat 27-Jun-15 13:07:33

I was trying to hide it as long as possible this time around and thought I was doing a poor job of it, I thought it was really obvious. But no, a few people admitted to thinking I had put on a bit of weight, but nobody had noticed. I didn't say anything officially to anyone until 16 weeks, and people were stunned.

Runningupthathill82 Sat 27-Jun-15 17:05:43

I'm not even 12 weeks yet and have had to give up trying to hide it, as everyone at work has guessed.

I look like I've got a football stuffed down my top, but am the same size everywhere else. Am wearing lots of vests and harem pants as it's all that's comfortable.

Baguettes Sat 27-Jun-15 21:28:33

I'm convinced some people have guessed, but then that's probably because I'm feeling self-conscious about it.

I'm going to continue to hide it at work and let it all hang out at the weekends grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now