Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Headaches!

(6 Posts)
DemiRosasbabynumber1 Fri 26-Jun-15 23:17:27

Hello everyone!

I am a first time mummy and I am so bloody excited. Found out literally two days ago I am pregnant and I am roughly four weeks.

Ever since I've found out though I have felt well shit! Everything hurts, I feel so sick but the worst is my headache! I don't know what I can and can't take? I've ordered my baby books, got my doctors appointment so I'm trying to prepare but I'm feeling a bit useless and very hormonal.

Any advise would be great! smile

Distracted15 Sat 27-Jun-15 10:11:56

congratulations! my advice would be to drink water, water and more water! I'm 13 weeks and have been suffering from headaches. I've found I need to drink more water than I thought possible to shift them! and then you constantly need the loo...but it helps the headache!

LilacWine7 Sat 27-Jun-15 10:26:35

Congratulations!

You can take paracetamol for headaches. Avoid aspirin or ibuprofen.

For bad headaches or migraines I take co-codamol or dihydracodeine (on advice of doctor).

DemiRosasbabynumber1 Sat 27-Jun-15 20:00:56

Thank you!!

I actually have been to my local urgent care today, I have a kidney infection! I have antibiotics now and pain killers the doctor gave me that aren't harmful to the baby
Xx

MissMartin10 Sat 27-Jun-15 20:26:28

aww Demi i feel for you, i suffer with extremly bad headaches/migranes especially when i was abit earlier on. . i didn't take any paracetamol ect as i don't wana take any tablets while pg.. i just lay in bed with a damp cold flannel on my head.. best thing to do is prepare a few cloths in the fridge and just keep your head cool.. also if you search 'pressure points that relieve headaches' in Google there are spots in the body you can push and rub to relieve headaches..mine is on my inner wrist where you wrist connects to your hand there is a soft spot you can usually press and while your holding it, it can help release the pressure of the headache.. sounds a bit crazy but it works for me. . hahagrin
hope you feel better soon my lovely x

IfYouWereARiverIdLearnToFloat Sat 27-Jun-15 21:41:01

I bought adhesive forehead cold packs from boots & wear my sunglasses around the house it's not attractive but it works. 4head roll on helps along with paracetamol. Failing that trying to sleep it off is also an option.

At the moment I wake up every morning with a headache threatening... a combination of these can keep it at bay if I'm lucky.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now