Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Help with a baby shower please...

(11 Posts)
withalittlebitofluck Fri 26-Jun-15 22:38:54

I am giving my friend a baby shower, she is having a difficult time no hope to cheer her up...

I need help with baby shower games. Anyone know any good ones?

withalittlebitofluck Fri 26-Jun-15 22:39:38

Not no I mean so...

MummyBexta Fri 26-Jun-15 23:16:29

Check out the website Pinterest for some ideas smile

Newtobecomingamum Fri 26-Jun-15 23:19:16

Hi, that's such a lovely gesture, does she know you are organising one? If not... sorry to be a kill joy but do you know for sure she def wants one if she is having a difficult time?

My friend organised one for me as a surprise when I had HG.. Was the last thing I wanted (without being ungreatful) as I felt so awful and had to speak and see everyone.

I don't know if it's your friends health or something else which she is having a difficult time with... But just be sure that she would be happy with it.

louisejanep Fri 26-Jun-15 23:29:08

I had my baby shower couple of weeks ago. One of the best games we played was everybody was given a baby vest (pack of 3 for £2.75 in asda) and some fabric ones and everyone had to design a baby vest , which meant I come home with lots of vests and the best vest won a prize smile

fattymcfatfat Fri 26-Jun-15 23:57:58

I agree with New re being absolutely sure she wants one.
I had a surprise one the other week. I am suffering terribly from SPD and am on crutches but had to go to a friends house see people I didn't even know to basically have them sit there, Chuck some stuff at me (I know I sound ungrateful but this is DC3, my 2nd in 18 months) and then slag off my DCs Dad and tell me I can't possibly need breast pads because I don't breastfeed (but I still leak for flaming week's before giving birth and end up with wet patches if I don't use them) oh and they told me that they didn't think I would be able to give birth naturally and would end up having to have a cs. hmm

sorry for the rant! but game ideas
getting dolls and nappies, fastest to put the nappy on wins

erm, that's all (do NOT do the "game" where they guess how big my belly is then have to measure it and laugh) angry

CuppaSarah Sat 27-Jun-15 06:35:20

One of the funniest games we did, was get a bowl and a pack of cotton bowls. Then take it in turns to wear a blindfold abd use a spoon to scoop the cotton balls into the bowl. Sounds simple, but you can't feel cotton balls as they're so light. Whoever gets the most in the bowl wins.

Another good one was birth prediction cards. Everyone has a template, with things like ' date of birth, time of birth, birth weight, hair colour etc' abd you give them.out upon arrival to fill in. Then after the birth see who was the closest. But don't do like my friends did and leave them with the pregnant women. She won't give a fuck about them after having a baby, trust me. I still am sad I'll never know who won.

sianihedgehog Sat 27-Jun-15 07:05:07

We decorated a plain babygrow with fabric pens at my friend's shower, and also played a "this is what your baby will look like" game where we took pictures of the parents' eyes, nose, mouth, etc and stuck them onto a blank baby face, while blindfolded.

withalittlebitofluck Sat 27-Jun-15 07:15:29

Ooh thanks for your replys. Yes my friend will love this and that its a surprise.She's having issues with pregnancy but will be more than able to attend and enjoy.

Ideas are great. Its a afternoon party so tea and cake, which a pink theme as she is having a girl. Any more ideas would be good too:

HomeIsWhereTheHeartIs Sat 27-Jun-15 07:30:04

Games I've played at baby showers:

Guess the flavour of the baby food when you take the labels off the jars.

Split in to two teams, each team has to make a nappy out of toilet roll (like where you wrap toilet roll around someone to make them look like an Egyptian mummy) and the most robust nappy wins. Better than it sounds!

Play bingo with guessing the presents - fill in the blanks on a 4x4 grid with your idea of what presents the mother may receive, and tick them off as she opens the presents.

Write inspirational messages or jokes on the front of nappies to cheer the parents up after the 1000th nappy change.

Guess the weight/date of birth.

Write a message in a notebook with one piece of practical baby advice, and one general encouragement.

Some of these games were better than others, depends on your crowd I suppose!

FeelingSmurfy Sat 27-Jun-15 07:34:08

Ask guests to bring a photo of themselves as a baby and then get everyone to guess who each baby is

Pots of baby food, try to guess the flavour

Ask guests to bring a favourite children's book with a message written in the front - not a game but I think this is really sweet and also takes the pressure off feeling you have to turn up with expensive gifts

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now