Talk

Advanced search

13 weeks - light period pain cramping

(8 Posts)
Newtobecomingamum Fri 26-Jun-15 18:13:26

This is my second DC and I think I remember I had these feelings with number 1. Anyone else get these feelings?

It's not painful just a bit uncomfortable. I don't know whether to be worried or if it's just normal confused

Catinajar Fri 26-Jun-15 18:17:32

ABSOLUTELY normal smile

If you have any bleeding, spotting or unusually coloured/smelling discharge (sorry for TMI) then give the MW a call, or your local EPU. If not, it'll just be your uterus stretching. 13 weeks is a time of massive growth so your uterus has to make room for the baby and stretching, cramping pains are quite usual!

Hope that helps smile

xxx

Newtobecomingamum Fri 26-Jun-15 18:49:38

Thanks Cat for the reassurance. You're right it must be that as I don't have any other symptoms and I sort of remember having this with DC1.

Xx

Bue Fri 26-Jun-15 18:54:33

Yep I also had this all the way through the first and into second trimester. Absolutely normal for many women.

Baguettes Fri 26-Jun-15 20:27:29

I remember this well when I was pregnant with DS. It's just things stretching smile (unless accompanied by anything more sinister such as brown or red spotting).

I used to find a nice warm bath helped, or a nap/ going to bed.

Hope you feel better soon.

TreeSparrow Fri 26-Jun-15 21:05:31

I had this too and found it do distracting I couldn't do anything except have a warm bath or cuddle a hot water bottle.

Newtobecomingamum Fri 26-Jun-15 21:25:50

Thanks everyone for your responses and advice. Very much appreciated x

Roseybee10 Sat 27-Jun-15 01:01:18

I remember having this around 14/15 weeks with dd1 and panicking majorly but then my bump properly poked out after that so I reckon it was stretching etc.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now