Talk

Advanced search

What changing bag?

(23 Posts)
DorothyBastard Fri 26-Jun-15 17:23:14

If you had unlimited cash to buy a changing bag, what would you go for? I want a new one for DC2 (my old one was used for nearly 2 years and got really tatty in that time) and I'm willing to spend a little bit of money on it, knowing it'll be the only bag I use for probably the next two years again. Has anyone got any personal recommendations?

ARV1981 Fri 26-Jun-15 18:53:37

This: www.johnlewis.com/babybeau-eden-leather-changing-bag-brown/p587644
Or this: www.johnlewis.com/storksak-elizabeth-changing-bag-natural/p231108668

In reality.... just buying a canvas satchel/messenger bag from Amazon and making do with a £3.99 changing mat from mothercare and wash bags for nappies etc.

Cheshirehello79 Fri 26-Jun-15 19:27:57

To maxx have amazing changing bags worth a lot for less you could grab a lovely bag for £9.99 worth £49.99 have a look online or in store

BreeVDKamp Fri 26-Jun-15 19:30:26

I've just got a Sorksak Noa and love it. Was about £70, not sure if that's moderate ir expensive in your eyes but it's enough for me! Love all the compartments and the removable inner bag - I put the changing supplies in there so you don't have to take the whole bag into the change room if not convenient.

BreeVDKamp Fri 26-Jun-15 19:32:37

Wow that first JL one is lush!

tattyteddy Fri 26-Jun-15 20:07:50

I've changing bag envy. I was going to merrily use the one I used the first time around, but now...not so sure! X

Baguettes Fri 26-Jun-15 20:21:34

I would love a storksak. They are beautiful.

On the slightly lower end of the budget, I've had an OiOi and Pacapod. Both very good indeed.

DorothyBastard Fri 26-Jun-15 20:38:57

Im happy to spend around the £200 mark, but if I fall in love with something either cheaper/more expensive, I can be flexible.

I quite like the Babybeau Ellie in tan www.baby-beau.com/baby-changing-bags/ellie-tan-shopper-tote-changing-bag and the Pacapod Firenze www.pacapod.com/firenze-568.html

Anyone seen anything else similar I might like?

nomoreminibreaks Fri 26-Jun-15 20:49:31

I honestly don't think a changing bag is necessary. I use a large handbag and have one of - Safari Medallion - Changing Mat https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00GJQIQ5K/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_-XAJvbCF3JX73 these in it. I think it gives you so many more options. smile

nomoreminibreaks Fri 26-Jun-15 20:50:27

Try again! this

GotTheKey Sat 27-Jun-15 08:23:54

I've treated myself to a stork sak. Figured I'll be using it a lot and want something that will last. My mum bought my sister a leather one when she had my niece 5 years ago and it's been used loads but still in excellent condition.

nailslikeknives Sat 27-Jun-15 08:31:52

If you like lots of pockets and clips, plus water resistant, try JJ Cole. I loved mine from there. Used it every day for 2 years. Was still in v gd nick so now my SIL has it!
We've had our money's worth grin

LostSoulsForever Sat 27-Jun-15 21:31:51

I bought a tan leather one from Budu but it worked out quite expensive once factored in customs charges as well (is sent from Australia).
It us a gorgeous bag but a bit bigger than I expected!

Runningupthathill82 Sat 27-Jun-15 21:49:18

Am I the only one who doesn't "get" the changing bag thing? Just use a normal bag!
If I'm in smart/work gear then I use a large leather shoulder bag, if out in the hills on a weekend then a Decathlon rucksack.
Sorry OP, I know that's not what you were after, but why not just buy a large and beautiful bag that will last for years?

Appleblossom82 Sat 27-Jun-15 22:25:23

I have a pacapod Jura. Love it and cant wait to use it! To me £75 is quite a lot to spend on a bag but i feel its worth it.

Redhead79 Sun 28-Jun-15 09:45:52

Am probably being completely nieve as I am pregnant with number 1.......but other than the obvious (nappies/wipes/change of clothes etc) what do people actually put in them? Sometimes they are brimming to capacity with so much stuff they just look so heavy.......

Runningupthathill82 Sun 28-Jun-15 10:02:51

Redhead - no idea.

In mine, when DS was a newborn, I had a couple of nappies, wipes, nappy sacks. Tiny sample of sudocrem. Change of vest and babygrow.

When he got a bit older I added a couple of toys, sippy cup, cereal bar, raisins.

Now he's two there's no need for much at all - we just carry wipes and a change of underpants in whatever bag I happen to be using that day.

Some people look like they're moving house when they lug huge overstuffed holdalls around. It's bemusing.

Stinkersmum Sun 28-Jun-15 11:10:36

I don't have a budget to stick to and I've chosen the Jura Pacapod. Looks fab, I like the separate compartments and its wipe clean.

Stinkersmum Sun 28-Jun-15 11:13:33

Redhead mine will also be my handbag, so phone, keys, purse, lippy etc all need to go in as well. I think the Jura looks like a nice bag in general. I hate the pink lining yummy mummy blooming gorgeous type bags though.

JassyRadlett Sun 28-Jun-15 11:14:11

I loved my Pacapod. I had the Portland - I think it's about £130 now? Sturdy, expandable (great in flight bag for long haul flights with small people), and looks decent.

I'm trying to decide whether to treat myself to something new for #2. Have heard good things about Storksaks.

JassyRadlett Sun 28-Jun-15 11:19:22

In mine, when DS was a newborn, I had a couple of nappies, wipes, nappy sacks. Tiny sample of sudocrem. Change of vest and babygrow.

This was my dream, and then I acquired an explosive baby. grin

After one particularly memorable experience in a John Lewis changing room where I had to get my mum to go out and buy a third change of clothes for him and a new top for me, I never left the house unprepared again.

<Quietly hopes DS2 is less...dramatic at both ends>

Runningupthathill82 Sun 28-Jun-15 13:15:38

Jassy,that sounds grim! Hope you have a less explosive baby this time.

DS only ever exploded in such dramatic style once, but it did involve mango-poo that went through his nappy, all his clothes, and all over my white broderie anglaise dress.

The dress never recovered...

Sheepoverthemoon Sun 28-Jun-15 17:09:58

I absolutely love my pacapod Firenze bag - it has the most amazing organised pod bags inside a designer luxurious leather bag. It has masses of room & it a forever bag as pacapods are removable.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now