Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Positive ovulation test during period? Please help, my research isn't!

(6 Posts)
sophiedeana990 Fri 26-Jun-15 15:23:48

Okay so ever since I was 10 my periods have always been every 29/30 days, only ever lasting 3 days or less. I've been TTC for about 3 months now and so decided to pop to Boots today and try out some fertility tests for this month.

I got home this afternoon and just out of curiosity, decided to try one out. I got a big smiley face! ��

Really confusing, as I've religiously been checking my cervix for months and it's never been high, soft and open at the times it should've been... But I never checked my cervixal positioning during my period until today!

Today my cervix is high, soft and open. I'm confused because since my cycle is 30 days, surely I can't ovulate on like day 3/4 of my cycle?

The exact fertility tests I'm using is ClearBlue Digital tests (they're Pink and White). Could there be a medical condition that's given me a false reading? I know hormones can be the problem but mine are normal since they came back normal in my bloods.

Thank you everyone x

bookgirl1982 Fri 26-Jun-15 15:26:17

Could you be pregnant and having implantation bleeding? Ovulation tests read positive when you are pregnant as the two hormones are very similar.

DPotter Fri 26-Jun-15 15:28:06

I have no real medical information but I seem to remember a french queen was told to have sex during her period as she wasn't conceiving and she became pregnant by doing so.

DPotter Fri 26-Jun-15 15:28:36

crossed with bookgirl

sophiedeana990 Fri 26-Jun-15 15:31:38

Hiya, thank you for your reply!

Yes implantation bleeding did cross my mind but I didn't think that happened during the time of a being due period? Also, if I was pregnant, it's a bit strange because that period looked nothing like implantation bleeding.
I've never been a heavy bleeder but it was certainly a thick blood with a little mucus of some sort at the time. Surely implantation bleeding can't be that heavy?

Then again what do I know lol, would love to hear what you all think.

sophiedeana990 Fri 26-Jun-15 15:41:44

Should probably add that my boobies have been looking rather large recently, and feel heavy, if that makes sense. I'm a usual A cup but appear to be going into a B now..

That's the only possible symptom of pregnancy I can think of.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now