Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

25 weeks tiny bit of spotting - would you call hospital?

(8 Posts)
scarednoob Fri 26-Jun-15 15:08:35

I went to the toilet about 45 mins ago and had the tiniest amount of red blood. however, it was definitely bright red.

I went to the hospital yesterday morning for a quick check as I was a bit worried about decreased movement. baby's hb fine at 150 and she moved a lot more yesterday afternoon and today.

just checked again and no more blood, but obviously now I am a bit worried. baby has given me a couple of movements in the interim. i also have negative blood and haven't had the anti-D injection yet. should I call the hospital? or wait to see if there is any more bleeding (please don't let there be any more...)?

ProbablyMe Fri 26-Jun-15 15:27:03

Yes - better get checked, even if just to put your mind at rest. I really wouldn't wait to see if anything else happens.

scarednoob Fri 26-Jun-15 16:04:16

thank you. I did call, and the mw said it sounded so scanty that I should just keep an eye on it, and go back if there is any more spotting or any cramping.

I was so naïve before that BFP - I had no idea there were so many things to worry about!

Doobydoo Fri 26-Jun-15 16:05:50

Never worry about calling the hosp. They would rather you did! All the best x

TakesTwoToTango Fri 26-Jun-15 22:46:01

Scared, did you remember to tell them you are rhesus negative? did the mw understand/take that on board? I'm a 'bleeder' in pregnancy and such a small amount of blood may very well be nothing to worry about in the ordinary course but I'm a bit surprised they are not giving you a precautionary anti-d?

FallenOnHardTimes Fri 26-Jun-15 23:20:12

The MW's advice seems a bit casual to me, to be honest. Did you tell them that you are rhesus negative? Also, I really think any 2nd and 3rd trimester bleeds should be investigated, even small ones. I hope you don't have any more bleeding, but, even if you don't, if it were me I'd go and get physically checked out tomorrow.

It's totally reasonable and sensible to be cautious in pregnancy.

HelenF350 Sat 27-Jun-15 00:11:11

I am rhesus positive but Have had 3 small 3rd trimester bleeds. Every time I have been called in and monitored. Better safe than sorry.

scarednoob Sat 27-Jun-15 07:46:48

Thanks everyone. I think the mw took that view because we are talking about such a tiny amount - I mean one pinprick and one tiny thin smear about half the length of a 5p coin. When I had a tiny bit of brown spotting at 16 weeks they felt it was too light to be a factor with the rhesus thing.

Nonetheless I think it's a good idea to call again or pop down there in light of that - I didn't tell her on the phone, so probably best to be sure.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now