Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Will I eventually stop feeling like a zombie from Cyclizine?

(14 Posts)
Lennon80 Fri 26-Jun-15 14:27:19

Hi all - I got cyclizine from the doctor yesterday as the constant nausea and vomiting was making it impossible to work and I have deadlines. He prescribed me this and said it was totally safe to take in pregnancy. I took one this morning about 8:30 am and its done the job however I have slept for hours and feel like a zombie and its now half two! Does this carry on as I woudn't be able to drive or anything on these. Feel like I am stuck now between feeling dreadful or being a total zombie sad

Amyyy27 Fri 26-Jun-15 14:35:37

I think you would get some great answers on the Hyperemesis Support thread as a lot of us have taken cyclizine. I have just changed from cyclizine to another tablet as they weren't doing much for me and I was still drowsy on them after 3/4 weeks. However I remember someone recently saying on the thread that it took them a few days to kick in and then drowsiness got better. Hopefully for you it gets better!

MummyPiggy87 Fri 26-Jun-15 14:38:51

Give them a go, they weren't strong enough for me so I was prescribed a stronger one which I can't remember the name of. They work for a lot of people though, good luck. thanks

Lennon80 Fri 26-Jun-15 15:14:00

Thanks Ladies, will check out the HG threads too.

chopsface Fri 26-Jun-15 21:14:12

Hi, I was taking cyclizine last week and it left me just as unfit for work as the nausea and vomiting. I was getting awful headaches and sleeping in the afternoons. I'm now taking another drug called Avomine, which started off making me extremely drowsy and sleeping lots, but the longer I've been taking it the less tired I'm feeling. Maybe the cyclizine induced zombie-ness will wear off in a similar way for you? Maybe try it a week and speak to your gp again? NICE guidelines do recommended gp's to check up on their HG patients weekly. Glad to hear they are working for you though, I'm so thankful for Avomine :-)

weelamb123 Fri 26-Jun-15 21:53:07

I was on cyclezine for 12 weeks & was a complete zombie. I took this whole time off work as I just couldn't function whilst on them. They did stop sickness but side effects of extreme fatigue were unbearable. Can u take time off? Xx

New30 Fri 26-Jun-15 22:00:58

I had this and it just didn't agree with me at all, I felt worse than with all of the sickness. See how you get on for a couple of days but if no luck ask the GP for something differant.

Lennon80 Sat 27-Jun-15 11:24:57

I have taken one again this morning to see if the tiredness will wear off, it's like you have to choose either be sick as a dog or a zombie all day. I really can't take time off work as I had two big surgeries recently and if I take more off I won't get paid. sad

Casablanca78 Sat 27-Jun-15 13:20:01

Hi. I could pretty much have written your post word for word a couple of days ago. I took my first cyclizine tablet on Thursday so I'm on day 3 now and the tiredness seems to be better today. Thursday and Friday (which I took off sick from work) I pretty much slept the whole time between taking DD to school and picking her up again. I was so drowsy! So it does seem to have got better for me and I was ok to drive to swimming lessons this morning. How well it's working is another story - I think there's an improvement but I'm still throwing up first thing in the morning and the co stand nausea is still there. I am however eating better and not being sick any other time of day. I think I'll give it a week and see where I am then and then looking at trying something else if no better. xx

WanderingTrolley1 Sat 27-Jun-15 13:23:18

I felt horrendous on cyclising - took it for a few weeks and couldn't take any more.

WanderingTrolley1 Sat 27-Jun-15 13:23:32

*cyclizine

Casablanca78 Sat 27-Jun-15 14:56:20

Ps. Are you taking vitamin B6 with it? I think it can help counteract some of the side effects x

weelamb123 Sat 27-Jun-15 18:13:43

Why dont u just take one late at night just before bed. Thats what I ended up doing. It might be enough to stave off the morning sickness and u'll be less tired. Xx

Cornberry Sat 27-Jun-15 21:23:24

I was changed to stemetil - made me less sleepy. Could ask for that and see if it's better for you?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now