Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Changing bag... Bugaboo.

(13 Posts)
MummyPiggy87 Fri 26-Jun-15 14:21:15

Hey, I've just bought a bugaboo pram and need a changing bag that will fit over the bar, I want a nice one that'll last a couple of years, any ideas? Thanks

BatteryPoweredHen Fri 26-Jun-15 15:41:20

Which bugaboo did you go for? If it's a chameleon, you can't put a bag over the bars (doing so invalidates your warranty, so I'm guessing there is a good reason)

MummyPiggy87 Fri 26-Jun-15 16:01:47

Yeah chameleon, its second hand so I doubt it's still under warranty. Quite shocked at that tho x

FannyFifer Fri 26-Jun-15 16:07:12

Have a look at OiOi changing bags or SkipHop, some nice ones.

Cheshirehello79 Fri 26-Jun-15 16:10:21

Bebe jou are quite nice

yummymango Fri 26-Jun-15 16:29:22

I spent 3 years with a changing bag over the bar of my bugaboo cameleon! I didn't know that either, oops! But I used a Babymel one, they have a lot of choice and the bag lasted me over 3 years of every day use (it's actually still going but I would like to treat myself to a new one with baby number 2!) and it was also quite stylish and roomy.

MummyPiggy87 Fri 26-Jun-15 16:41:56

Thank you. I'll check them all out now, totally clueless about the baby fashion world lol

BatteryPoweredHen Fri 26-Jun-15 16:55:54

Its up to you, but I would be very careful; the chameleon isn't designed to have a bag over the bars.

I guess the point I'm making is that bugaboo specifically say you shouldn't do it, and there doesn't seem to be any benefit for them to say this (it's not exactly a selling point). If they had said that you could only use bugaboo bags over the bars for example, then I would just chalk it up as a money-making scheme, but this isn't the case.

To be honest, this is one of the reasons I am so wary about buying second hand baby items i.e Ones that don't come with the original instructions and safety warnings. At the risk of being scare-mongery, did you read about the baby who died in a Bednest that her parents bought second hand? They didn't have the original instructions, used it in a manner not recommended by the manufacturer and the baby died.

Can't you just buy a bag that goes over your shoulder?

LadyOrangutan Fri 26-Jun-15 17:00:15

I have a bugaboo buffalo and it has clips to specifically hang a bag over the handles. It's also designed to take up to 10kg on the handles
Maybe buy the velcro hooks that you can get everywhere and hook the bag onto that. They might advise against it in case the bag slips down and gets caught in the wheels. Or maybe they advise against it to stop the pram tipping if the the bag is too heavy?

ChaircatMiaow Fri 26-Jun-15 17:04:23

I have a cameleon. Do not put a bag over the bars because you change the balance of weight with the carrycot and it may tip forwards. I did it once and realised quickly why you're not supposed to do it as I went up onto s kerb.

I keep a lightweight console on the bars for wallet, phone and keys etc. everything else goes in nappy bag in basket underneath. I have an oroton nappy bag which I love love love, but that's an Aussie brand that I'm not sure you can get in UK

Lunastarfish Fri 26-Jun-15 17:05:17

With the Bee, not hanging bags on the handle is recommended as it can affect the height adjusting mechanism. I'm not sure how the other bugaboos adjust the handle bars.

BatteryPoweredHen Fri 26-Jun-15 17:10:06

I'm not 100% sure, but I would think it would present a tipping risk.

I guess it's one of those trade-offs; if you want a lightweight buggy, then you can't hang stuff off it...it is quite annoying though, I'll grant you that.

GotTheKey Sat 27-Jun-15 08:29:27

We are getting the bugaboo cameleon in petrol blue and I got a storksak in a similar blue colour to match smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now