Talk

Advanced search

Help me stop crying!

(10 Posts)
MissTwister Fri 26-Jun-15 14:01:34

I am 35 weeks pregnant and seemingly hormonal. This isn't helped by the fact that I have been ill and still feel rubbish coupled with being really busy at work.

However, I was just in a meeting and got given some more work to do and I had to leave to 'go to the toilet' and cry!! Then someone asked if I wanted help with it and I nearly cried some more!

I am very busy which is annoying in my last 2 weeks but I really don't think my level of work is warranting all this wanting to cry and I need to stop somehow before I make a fool of myself!!

Any practical tips?

MummyPiggy87 Fri 26-Jun-15 14:34:50

Can you not leave earlier? You shouldn't be letting work stress you out, especially this late in you pregnancy.x

MissTwister Fri 26-Jun-15 14:45:08

I am off in 2 weeks. I'm not sure it's even that stressful, I think I may be over reacting......and hormonal

IceLemonGin Fri 26-Jun-15 14:45:31

No practical tips unfortunately, I'm 34+1 and I'm an emotional wreck today...I've was on the phone to the pharmacy about a prescription and I've spent the last 45 minutes crying my eyes out because it's not ready.

I hope you feel better soon as being ill on top of the hormones must be pants!

MissTwister Fri 26-Jun-15 14:54:47

Thanks IceLemonGin - have a stupid cold that just wont budge!

MissTwister Fri 26-Jun-15 14:55:04

And hope you get your prescription soon!

LilacWine7 Fri 26-Jun-15 15:08:36

I sympathise. I keep crying too, only started happening when I entered 3rd trimester so must be something to do with hormones! I cried this morning because DH was abrupt with me, then again because we'd run out of bread, then cried again because I was sick on the bath-mat that i'd just washed (the joys of HG!). I find it helps to ask DH for a hug and then make light of it and try and see the funny side! He's good at cheering me up.

Re work, maybe just explain to your colleagues it's your hormones rather than try to hide it. I'm sure they'll be sympathetic and reduce your workload a bit! Most people are aware pregnant women get tearful and emotional so will make allowances for you, it's nothing to be ashamed of flowers cake

MarinaCoyle Fri 26-Jun-15 15:13:27

Not PG but whenever I want to stem tears I think of the scene in Bridesmaids where they're having a viciously competitive game of tennis and lead blonde woman snarls to her doubles partner "GET YOUR SHIT TOGETHER CAROL!" (Not sure if Carol is the name but it is in my head).

I say this to myself and it works pretty much every time.

My DM's version is to in her head shout "PENIS!!" at the top of her voice. So maybe try penis! grin

MissTwister Fri 26-Jun-15 17:52:07

Thanks MarinaCoyle I will try those!

It's those annoying type of tears that just leak out and you just want them to STOP!

Gillian1980 Fri 26-Jun-15 17:56:06

I empathise but have no advice unfortunately.

I'm 32 weeks and in the last week or so I've been crying at the drop of a hat for things i'd never usually cry about.

I said to my boss that my hormones are making me cry irrationally over nothing and not to be alarmed if I suddenly burst into tears. He reassured me that he remembers it well from his wife's 3 pregnancies and not to worry.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now