Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Pelvis loosening at 12 weeks.. Help!

(9 Posts)
OhBigHairyBollocks Fri 26-Jun-15 10:26:46

Second pregnancy. Had fairly bad SPD with my last pregnancy. I'm 12 wks with DC2 and I can feel my pelvis and hips loosening already sad

What's the best support belt I can get? Will it help? I had one from, mothescare last time and it did nothing.

Number3cometome Fri 26-Jun-15 15:05:18

Get yourself to a chiropractor asap - not cheap but if you start going now they can minimise the pain and maintain it for you

TreeSparrow Fri 26-Jun-15 21:12:34

Hmmm...I wouldn't recommend a chiro to anyone. They're generally crackpot "practitioners" with false claims. Go to your GP for a hospital physio referral.

TheyGotTheMustardOut Fri 26-Jun-15 21:14:59

I also recommend getting to physio asap, it's your best bet.

chiruri Fri 26-Jun-15 21:17:25

My physio recommended me a serola belt (like this one: www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B0014DL038/ref=mp_s_a_1_11?qid=1435349738&sr=8-11&pi=AC_SX110_SY165&keywords=spd+support+belt). It's not specifically for pregnancy but it works.
Definitely get yourself to a physio and steer well clear of chiropractors.

Meinthecorner Fri 26-Jun-15 21:20:31

I've got this again second time around too. The physio I saw last time on nhs gave me one of the belts recommended above so try and get a referral and you might not have to buy one.

TheHormonalHooker Fri 26-Jun-15 21:26:33

A serola belt is the best.

If you can afford it an osteopath is much better than a physio. Contact the Pelvic Partnership and they might be able to recommend one who deals with PGP in your area.

Hodds89 Fri 26-Jun-15 21:26:44

Hi, look up the belly bra!!!! It's fantastic!!!! It's my second pregnancy first I was fine but this one is twins and suffer a lot!!!! Hope this helps xx

OhBigHairyBollocks Fri 26-Jun-15 21:43:10

Thanks ladies. Suffering. Dont know how I'm going to manage a very active toddler for the next 28 weeks sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now