Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Just had 12 week scan...

(11 Posts)
darrenwis Fri 26-Jun-15 06:57:45

Hi all,

We just had our 12 week scan and baby was very active and everything was normal. They actually dated baby as 11 weeks and 2 days and all is progressing normal. We won't have our next scan now for 9 weeks or so. 20 weeks. Is it safe to tell people now? What a wait!

ARV1981 Fri 26-Jun-15 07:11:48

I officially told work after my 12 week scan (had already told my manager as I had a bleed at around 7 weeks and she rushed me to the hospital - all was well, but meant the cat was out the bag). I wanted to give them as much time as possible to find a suitable replacement for me, but I needn't have bothered - only did the first interview on Monday and I have just 4 weeks left at work! (Sorry just wanted to moan about that!!)

Tell people if you want to. With work you can leave it until you're 25 weeks if you like, but if you're anything like me you'll be showing sooner than that!!!

Congratulations! flowers

Whatabout Fri 26-Jun-15 07:44:16

I got put back a week or so with my first baby and I told people then. At that point a week either way makes very little difference.

rallytog1 Fri 26-Jun-15 08:00:24

I'd tell people now. Once you're past 8 weeks and have seen a heartbeat, the mc risk is pretty much as low as it's going to go. People tend to wait until 12 weeks as that's around the time of the first scan for most people, but your risk doesn't magically drop at that point - it's already very low by then. Congratulations by the way smile

MissTwister Fri 26-Jun-15 08:09:12

Congratulations!!

It's completely up to you but most people probably do start telling people at this time. 20 weeks is a long time to wait. I told work and close friends and then over time it slowly filtered out to wider world.

Also you had a scan pre 7am - good work!

darrenwis Fri 26-Jun-15 08:56:57

Ok, may start telling people ��

darrenwis Fri 26-Jun-15 08:57:22

smile

darrenwis Fri 26-Jun-15 08:57:50

x

Distracted15 Fri 26-Jun-15 09:17:31

congratulations on a healthy active baby scan! It's an amazing experience isn't it?

We had out first scan the other day but was dated 5 days ahead to nearly 13 weeks. But as others have said if you've seen baba being active and heard the heartbeat it should be all good.

Telling everyone is such good fun. so many times we heard ooooo you've made my day! It's lovely.

WeePoppy Fri 26-Jun-15 09:22:42

We told the close family (parents and brothers and sisters) after the first scan at 9 weeks and told the rest of the world (including work) after the 12 week scan.

RolyPolierThanThou Fri 26-Jun-15 10:27:34

It's safe to tell now. The big miscarriage risk milestones are 6-8weeks for a functioning heart and 10weeks for a functioning placenta.

So a foetus that is thriving at the 12w scan has successfully achieved these biggest challenges and is on course for a full term pregnancy with excellen odds.

Congratulations flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now