Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

What happens at 12 week scan?

(5 Posts)
AmiL123 Thu 25-Jun-15 22:05:46

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

OneDoneOneBun Thu 25-Jun-15 22:12:03

I had none yesterday (I'm 14 weeks today) and they did all the blood tests and urine test after the scan. Also BMI and just go through some questions. It's all changed since I had DS 10 months ago, apparently they do it all on the same day now save having another appointment

LorryHen Thu 25-Jun-15 22:12:11

If you've opted in for the downs test it will be a scan at 12-14 weeks and a blood test straight after the scan

OneDoneOneBun Thu 25-Jun-15 22:12:19

Mine yesterday sorry *

Bayswaterbelle Fri 26-Jun-15 08:45:46

While they're scanning you they'll look to measure the baby's neck, as well as checking heartbeat and showing you the head and limbs etc then you'll have a blood test and you should be contacted within 2 weeks to let you know the result.

If you've already had a private scan that was probably a bit more fun. When we went to our NHS 12 week one the sonographer was very matter of fact, plus very quiet as she was checking for lots of different things. If they're quiet it really just means they're concentrating, but we were nervous first timers and wanted to ask lots of questions :-) so it felt anticlimactic.

Good luck! I hope everything goes well for you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now