Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Bleeding at 11 weeks

(15 Posts)
ComeOnHolidayByMistake Thu 25-Jun-15 19:19:54

I had a small bleed at 5 weeks but a scan at 7 weeks showed a heartbeat.

However, I started bleeding again 3 days ago. It's not soaking through pads but when I sit on the loo a bit pours out and it's kind of thick/clotty/stretchy if that makes sense. Sorry to be graphic. It leaves about a 50p size blob in the toilet, so not a huge amount.

I haven't had any cramps, just slight stretching pains (which I've had throughout all my pregnancies) and now very slight period type pains.

I'm terrified and going from thinking it'll be ok to thinking a miscarriage is imminent.

I've got a scan at the EPU tomorrow so will find out what's going on then, but in the meantime I'm going round the bend worrying.

I know nobody knows what will happen to me, but I just wondered if anybody on here had any experience of something similar please?

Gileswithachainsaw Thu 25-Jun-15 19:28:21

I bled daily for weeks. massive clots, enough blood I was ghost white, tv junkie make up job white. I had what is known as a sub chorionic haematoma. baby was ok in the end. It's surprising what literally falls out of you and baby survives.

fingers crossed for you opflowers

ComeOnHolidayByMistake Thu 25-Jun-15 21:48:46

Thanks Giles, I still have a bit of hope but I'm being realistic. It's nice to hear positive stories...

NameChanger2000 Thu 25-Jun-15 21:50:48

Horrible, horrible time of uncertainty. Try and get some sleep, I hope all is ok tomorrow.

Gileswithachainsaw Thu 25-Jun-15 22:07:08

I will be thinking of you flowers

worrying and panicking won't change what's going to happen or what has or hasn't happened so please try to rest up and be kind to yourself.

I thought so many times I'd lost dd2. I was hospitalised a few times I practically had my own seat in a&e. my baths resembled scenes from jaws.

The complications I had could have gone either way. I was told everything from "I've seen worse" to " you won't ever make it to full term" we made it to almost full term and 4 years later she's still the stubborn minx who hung on in there grin

the important thing is you just take care of yourself and remember whatever happens it's nothing you did it just happens sometimes.

I hope to hear a happy update tomorrow. flowers

ComeOnHolidayByMistake Thu 25-Jun-15 22:24:18

Thank you... Going to try and sleep now (and stop googling!)

Pains have got a bit worse and the bleeding has increased slightly but I'm just looking forward to knowing one way or the other tomorrow. It will be a relief to just know...

Gileswithachainsaw Thu 25-Jun-15 22:28:04

Yes it will. It is definitely true when they say not knowing is worse. I felt I could deal either way but the not knowing and the waiting was far more torturous than even the worst case senario was.

get yourself some paracetamol and a warm bath or shower.

without wishing to sound negative, if you have to go into hospital before your appointment tomorrow, you will feel better if you have had a bath and feel "clean"

might help you relax an ease any pain too.

Do you have someone with you at home

ComeOnHolidayByMistake Thu 25-Jun-15 23:36:51

Well it's already started. The period pains quickly got worse and started to come and go like labour pains. I went to the toilet, expecting the worst. Passed a few bigger clots then what I assume is the sac with the fetus in it sad I fished it out of the loo with a cup but I'm too scared to look at it properly. It's bigger than I excepted sad

Blood is pouring out of me now so I guess I'll be spending most of tonight on the toilet. This is just shit...

thelionsleeps Thu 25-Jun-15 23:43:47

I'm so sorry. Didn't want to read and run. It is so shit and wouldn't wish it on anyone. I hope you have someone with you and have some painkillers to help you through it. Big hugs.

Nousername2015 Fri 26-Jun-15 06:09:06

I'm so sorry OP. I went through the same (hb seen at 7 weeks, bleeding started at 11+4) and it was the same outcome. Still go to your scan today, they will check that things have completed themselves naturally. The most important thing now is to look after yourself. My heart goes out to you, like the post above says it is a truely shitty thing to go through. Best wishes to you.

Gileswithachainsaw Fri 26-Jun-15 06:13:12

I'm so sorry sad please get yourself checked out.

Can you call someone to be with you x

Baguettes Fri 26-Jun-15 06:36:30

I'm so sorry OP. Miscarriage is heartbreaking. As pp has said, go to your scan today and they will check things out for you.

I found immense support on the miscarriage boards here. It was overwhelming.

Please take care of yourself flowers

ARV1981 Fri 26-Jun-15 07:30:59

Is your scan today?

I don't want to give you false hope, but the same thing happened to me and although they couldn't explain the bleeding, my baby is fine. I'm now 28 weeks (nearly 29 actually!) So please don't lose all hope completely.

When I say the same happened to me, I mean almost exactly the same - massive clots, starting this size of a 50p piece and gradually 'upgrading' to a frisbee. Period-like pains too. It lasted around a week. Only difference from what you're saying is I was 12 weeks, not 11!

I really hope your outcome is like mine was and all ok. Sending you flowers and cake and brew (decaff). I know it's impossible not to worry, but I hope that I've helped with a positive story.

NameChanger2000 Fri 26-Jun-15 08:34:44

Oh honey, I'm so, so, sorry. Be kind to yourself.

Tootle10 Fri 26-Jun-15 08:47:45

I'm so sorry for your loss. I had a mc at 11 weeks (although a scan showed no heartbeat and stopped developing at 8 weeks) and it was heartbreaking.

I went to the hospital the day after (I was actually booked in for a pre-op for surgical management) and they did a scan to check the mc was complete, a blood test and an internal (which was very quick and painless). Was very reassuring, please go to be checked out today.

Thinking of you, look after yourself flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now