Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Headaches

(6 Posts)
rhuhbarb4 Thu 25-Jun-15 18:03:12

Hi everyone
I am 7 weeks pregnant and I am experiencing the most excruciating headaches. This is my 3rd baby an I had headaches with my first 2 but not like this. I was wondering if anyone had any advice on how to alleviate these as paracetamol (which is all the doctor said I could take) doesn't even take the edge off.

princessvikki Fri 26-Jun-15 08:00:38

I had the same thing with my current pregnancy , after a but of trial and error I found they were triggered by artificial sweetner. I was drinking loads of sugar free squash to try and get rid of my headache and it was getting worse and worse. You need to find your trigger. And drink loads of water.

weelamb123 Fri 26-Jun-15 08:59:07

Are u being sick, as you may be dehydrated? I found that 2 paracetamol and full fat coke helped. Xx

rhuhbarb4 Fri 26-Jun-15 09:53:10

Thanks for all your replies ladies. I have found that sometimes a Pepsi max can help but I don't want to be drinking loads of that because of the caffeine content. I am drinking loads of water as I find when I'm pregnant l am constantly thirsty. I will try one of those 4head sticks going to go to the pharmacy today. One of my friends told me that when the baby starts moving around more then they will disappear don't know if this is true or not I'm hoping so. I am also really tired and finding it difficult to sleep at the moment so don't think that is helping either.

Rudawakening Fri 26-Jun-15 13:02:22

I always find that taking paracetamol wait a little bit then walk or just love around the house helps. Not sure if it helps get the painkillers around my body quicker or something.

Can sympathise thought this is my first pregnancy and the headaches are atrocious.

MummyPiggy87 Fri 26-Jun-15 14:35:58

I've said it before, I'll say it again lol
4Head stick. It worked wonders for me when paracetamol did nothing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now