Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Programmes on childbirth/pregnancy/babies?

(10 Posts)
Adayinthelife Thu 25-Jun-15 17:52:05

I'm on maternity leave and bored! So I've spent the last 2 weeks watching OBEM and The Midwives. It's been really interesting, especially The Midwives, to see different labours, what could go wrong so I can be prepared etc. I was just wondering if anyone knew of any other programmes similar to these as I've run out of episodes!

Snooksbury Thu 25-Jun-15 18:09:22

I didn't know I was pregnant (not sure if it's currently on TV but you might find it on the Internet)

Portland Babies (about giving birth at the Portland)

16 and Pregnant. Esp the first series

Topsy34 Thu 25-Jun-15 19:50:57

Home birth diaries is brilliant!

I actively avoid most birth programs as lots of them are edited to make things look dramatic but home birth diaries is great

DefinitelyMaybeBaby Thu 25-Jun-15 19:51:03

I liked the one off documentary got bbc3 - Cherry Has A Baby which is on YouTube. Dawn Porter did a similar one too which is prob on there somewhere too but I think Cherry's was better.

ilovehotsauce Thu 25-Jun-15 19:57:32

Beyond birth by ricci lake.

NickyEds Thu 25-Jun-15 21:09:28

I found She's Having a Baby and Nine Months Later to be good. Nine months Later was particularly useful but be warned it was a bit warts and all. There were lots of tears and some very honest bf discussions but i found it more useful than OMEM!

Lunastarfish Thu 25-Jun-15 21:26:08

Watch 'bringing up baby' - it's a few years old but interesting and shocking. It's on YouTube

Adayinthelife Sun 28-Jun-15 17:18:47

Brilliant, thank you. Should keep me busy for the next 3 weeks! smile

birdbrain21 Sun 28-Jun-15 17:35:21

Ooh I love obem and the midwives I'm going to take note of these for when dd is at playgroup in the summer and I'm too lazy to do anything, only 10 weeks but can't wait for end of term!

Adayinthelife Mon 29-Jun-15 17:49:55

Finished Bringing up baby - it was rather insightful! Thank you smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now