Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Heart palpitations

(11 Posts)
LoveLetters Thu 25-Jun-15 17:32:46

Anyone else have this? My heart literally feels like it's pounding out of my chest and I can't get air. It's horrible and make me feel so sick. I'm 9 weeks. Is this normal?

NewMrsX Thu 25-Jun-15 17:37:16

Yes, but not just because I'm pregnant. I don't get it very regularly but I am paranoid I've got a heart problem that won't cope with labour. If you get it frequently have you mentioned it to gp or midwife? flowers for you, I know how scary it can be

scarednoob Thu 25-Jun-15 18:11:51

yep it's a common pregnancy thing. either the sudden massive jolt or the consciousness of your own heartbeat - it all sucks!

it will be nothing to worry about, but I would mention it to your mw at your booking-in, just so they can reassure you.

LorryHen Thu 25-Jun-15 18:15:39

I had it and it was due to low iron. They put me on iron tablets at 16 weeks and the palpitations have disappeared.

It could just be a normal pregnancy thing but they test you for anaemia at booking anyway

puddymuddles Thu 25-Jun-15 18:41:32

Could be anaemia, anxiety, preg hormones or all three! Cutting down on caffeine and sugar may help.

Liveinthepresent Thu 25-Jun-15 18:45:13

Yes I had this in both pregnancies but not often. Horrible feeling.

mommathatwearspink Thu 25-Jun-15 18:49:20

I had this during my second trimester. I think my midwife said it could be down to having low blood pressure.

HRHsherlockssextoy Thu 25-Jun-15 18:51:18

I had this.

My mw sent me to Dr and then refered on. I had to have a heart trace for 24 hrs.

It's called SVT. The consultant wasn't that concerned in the end. And was told if it happens again go to a&e.

I'm a veggie and nobody put that fact that I might be low on iron. I was also out of breath as well.

Please tell your midwife.

LoveLetters Thu 25-Jun-15 19:05:31

I do have low blood pressure. And also I haven't been eating anything caffeine or sugar because it makes me so sick. I actually get scared when it starts pounding x

Brummiegirl15 Thu 25-Jun-15 19:30:22

I get this at night. My heart pounds like you wouldn't believe. But I think it's just the heart working harder to pump blood around body

LoveLetters Mon 29-Jun-15 13:20:01

Started pounding again today. Went to docs who is giving me 24 hr ECG. Told me if it happens again I have to call an ambulance immediately. Not giving me a blood test until 8th July???? Why not now to solve any problems???

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now