Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Induction.

(4 Posts)
SpoonBender Thu 25-Jun-15 16:53:32

Any tips on how to start labour naturally before induction date in 12days. I'm being induced due to gestational diabetes and would love labour to start naturally before. I've lost my mucus plug this am, been bouncing on my ball and keep getting lots of back pain. This is dc2. Tips appreciated.

LibrariesGaveUsPower Thu 25-Jun-15 16:54:47

Nothing will actually do it, but it might make you feel better smile.

Have you been booked for a sweep before induction? Was your first early or late?

RockerMummy184 Thu 25-Jun-15 18:21:03

I tried:
Raspberry leaf tea,
Bouncing on ball,
Hands and knees scrubbing floors,
Sex,
Hot Curry,
Hot Baths,
Clary sage oil,
Breast pumping,
Walking for miles,
Bumpy car rides,
Praying,
Wearing my best knickers (aka the sods-law-method).

Nothing worked! The breast pumping is the only one that did anything...set off mild regular contractions, then I went to sleep and they stopped.

I was eventually induced at 42 weeks. I genuinely believe that anyone that says any of these methods helped was just the victim of a lucky coincidence and it is true that they'll come when they're ready.

Good luck.

puddymuddles Fri 26-Jun-15 22:58:10

Have a sweep. I am 40 + 10 and they want me to be induced at 40+12 (nothing wrong just very overdue) but will hold out for a couple of days and let baby be monitored. This is baby 3 and 1st induced same reason and 2nd came 8 days late after a sweep.I don't think anything helps if they are not ready but I have heard sweeps can work on some people.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now