Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

39 weeks, baby no longer pressing on bladder

(3 Posts)
sarah00001 Thu 25-Jun-15 10:29:47

Hi, I'm 39 wks 2 days. Up until yesterday my baby was really pressing on my bladder and was I constantly going to the loo. I was also really uncomfortable and exhausted. Yesterday, I noticed that I didn't feel any pressure on my bladder and felt suddenly much lighter and didn't feel tired at all. Today is the same, I slept through the night without needing the loo and I feel incredibly light and comfortable and again, not tired at all.

Whilst it's great to feel comfortable, I'm worried that the baby's head is no longer engaged which is why I don't feel any pressure on my bladder. I've been cleaning and tidying the house the past few days, doing a fair bit of bending, and I'm worried this may have caused my baby to move position.

I wondered if anyone else has had something similar happen to them in late pregnancy?

Thank you, Sarah

sarah00001 Thu 25-Jun-15 10:43:39

Oh, just to add, at my antenatal appointment last week, I was told that although the baby's head was engaged, she was in the posterior position, with her back to my back.

TruckYeah Thu 25-Jun-15 10:57:55

Hi Sarah,
I didn't have quite the same experience as you, but I never had to get up in the night and wee'd normally throughout my pregnancy. I put that down to her being in a transverse lie and not pressing on my bladder.
As your over 39 weeks I would call the midwives to explain what you've noticed and see if they want to see you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now