Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Abnormal ECG in late pregnancy!

(3 Posts)
Shootingstar2289 Thu 25-Jun-15 09:56:55

I'm 38 weeks pregnant and have always suffered from heart palpitations every so often especially when it's hot, I'm stressed or anxious but I've had them off over a week pretty much all day long..

Visited my gp who said it's probably anxiety but had blood tests and an ECG. The ECG has come back 'slightly' abnormal and I need another..

Worried sick.. Should I be worried?

Rosenwyn1985 Thu 25-Jun-15 16:30:54

I wouldn't worry too much. If they were really concerned they'd keep you in! If there is something up, you'll need closer monitoring during labour etc. Speaking as someone with a cardiac arhythmia and a pacemaker there isn't any major panic. I've found the hospital very supportive and I've got plans in place to cover most eventualities. Of course all our well laid plans were for naught first time around as baby decided to come super fast against all odds. Be reassured that you're being monitored and if you do need any care they'll be on it!

Rosenwyn1985 Thu 25-Jun-15 16:32:11

Meant to say, be careful in the heat. I've been getting dizzy spells and palpitations when outside. Don't want to pass out when pregnant!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now