Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Numbness/pain in hands and arms

(8 Posts)
Nottalotta Thu 25-Jun-15 05:09:28

This happens when i sleep/am in bed. Started out with a sore right shoulder - actual shoulder not shoulder blade. Has progressed so that i have to change sides many times overnight as the side i lay on will start to hurt - shoulder/upper arm and the hand goes numb. Have also noticed i am more prone to pins and needles in my feet.

Anyone else experiencing this? 34 + 5.

Bustherb Thu 25-Jun-15 05:21:04

I get this, was referred to physio who said I have carpal tunnel syndrome. I'm nearly 39 weeks and I hate to say it but it just got worse for me. I wake up every morning with the feeling that my fingers are out of joint - physio said it was more my ligaments popping out as they are really soft. See what your midwife says x

scarednoob Thu 25-Jun-15 07:06:42

Yep and me. Dr said helpfully, "oh you're not supposed to get this until the baby is 6 months old and you've been carrying it around" - thanks!

I hate it when I wake up for the 14th wee of the night and my fingers are all stiff and popping.

Dr recommended some sexy splints which you can get from boots...

Betsyblue Thu 25-Jun-15 07:13:48

I had this in my last pregnancy at about 35 weeks I think. I used to drop a lot of plates as I just couldn't grip properly sometimes. I couldn't really do anything to help it apart from wear some splints or a tight bandage.

It did go completely after the birth though!

Bustherb Thu 25-Jun-15 08:18:55

Ha ha scared I hate those splints, I never wear them blush midwife did say it will go after the birth xx

scarednoob Thu 25-Jun-15 08:21:20

They are about as sexy as washing up gloves!

Itscurtainsforyou Thu 25-Jun-15 08:32:12

I also had this - it really scared me! Disappeared completely after birth though

Nottalotta Thu 25-Jun-15 16:05:47

Glad it not just me! Its a proper pita though, my sleep positions are limited enough as it is!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now