Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

pictures at an early scan?

(16 Posts)
MissMartin10 Tue 23-Jun-15 23:09:45

Hello im having a scan on friday after a bit of bleeding i had 3 days ago just to check everything is okay. . do you get a picture or can you normally buy one at this type of scan? i would love a picture if i have little healthy blob smile

Rebecca1608 Wed 24-Jun-15 03:05:13

I had 2 early scans at around 8 weeks within 3 days of eachother and i was not offered a scan photo.

PuddlesandMuddles Wed 24-Jun-15 03:47:29

I have photos of dd at 5+5 and 6+1. There's not much to see before 6 weeks (just a sac and yolk), but it's amazing to have such early photos. At 6+1 there was a fetal pole and heartbeat.

Bellabutterfly2014 Wed 24-Jun-15 06:40:18

Hey, I had scans at 6 and 9 weeks before the 12 week one for exactly the same reasons and the sonographer did me one picture each time for free without me asking to reassure me which was lovely. It's quite a small team at my local hospital and for the last 3 scans I've had the same lady so I'm hoping that I get to see her again at my 20wk scan in 3 weeks which seems an absolute age away!
From what I understand what you get differs from hospital to hospital - but I have to say that it is nice to have one.
If it was me I would just ask and I'm sure they'll print you one off x x x

Brummiegirl15 Wed 24-Jun-15 06:48:20

In the past I've not been offered one as it's not routine for emergency scans. However I've lost 3 babies and this time I wanted one in case I lost this one so I could have something to remember.

I had a scan at 6 wks 2 days and they were so lovely and enlarged it for me so I could see as much as possible.

It only gets printed on thermal paper though, it's not a proper photo.

All you can do is ask as it's not routine before 12 weeks

MissMartin10 Wed 24-Jun-15 10:15:16

Thanks for replying smile. .i didn't think it would be that's why im just going to "i know you don't usually but please can i buy one?" I want a photo so bad just to prove to myself there's something in there when i have my silly doubts! but im 9w today so if they don't i suppose i only have 3 weeks until i get my 12w one smile

ShrinkingViolet83 Wed 24-Jun-15 11:15:37

I had a scan at 6+6 because of bleeding and we were so worried about the baby that we didn't think to ask about pictures until the end when it was too late. The sonographer had printed out some pictures for official use and she let us photograph them with a camera phone. That might be another option if they won't print a picture for you. Our baby was fine (she's now three months old and very healthy). Good luck with your scan.

MissTwister Wed 24-Jun-15 13:31:01

I got one from a scan at 7 weeks - a tiny little blob! they just asked for a donation so we gave £5

Wildflower91 Thu 25-Jun-15 20:12:30

Hi missmartin I had one at 6 weeks and I didn't get to take home a photo because it was just basically the yolk sac no visible baby shape as such. Then I went back last week (8 weeks) and I got to take home the pic, not sure if that's just because they discovered I'm having twins that day. Good luck for Friday let us know how you get on x

Pikkewyn Thu 25-Jun-15 20:15:30

We got one at 8+3 with Dd1, we had lost so many pregnancies by that point we were regulars on EPAU. It was the first ever scan we found a heartbeat. They gave us a few pictures and 3/4 of the staff came in to see too!

ARV1981 Fri 26-Jun-15 07:48:41

I was given pictures at 2 early scans - the first is just a blob! Amazing to think that's what my baby looked like only a few months ago smile.

The second was at 12 weeks, and only around 4 days before my official dating scan. I didn't ask for either picture but I'm so pleased I was given them! These were in the epau, not the ultrasound dept, where you have to pay for them.

It was lovely to have the one at 12 weeks because we celebrated my granny's 91st birthday that weekend and I was able to show her the picture.

roughtyping Fri 26-Jun-15 08:00:49

Had a scan at 6+6 ish, we were given 4 photos. Not much to see! But nice to compare with 12 and 20 weeks scans. We left a good donation in the charity box.

WeePoppy Fri 26-Jun-15 09:24:55

I had an early scan at 9 weeks and got a few photos then smile .

lexyloub Fri 26-Jun-15 10:11:46

I had an early scan around 9/10 weeks for similar reasons the sonographer just gave me a little photo at the end I didn't have to pay for it.

MissMartin10 Fri 26-Jun-15 12:24:51

well i had my scan and all was well and the lady was sooo nice she gave me 2 pictures grin

Wildflower91 Fri 26-Jun-15 21:48:51

So pleased for you! Long may it continue x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now