Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Questions to ask at booking appointment

(5 Posts)
lilyb84 Tue 23-Jun-15 21:22:12

I have my booking appointment tomorrow and in very unlike-me fashion haven't really thought about it until just now.

Other than the obvious stuff (medical history, health, choices available etc) I'm planning on asking about whether or not they can test for toxo to put my two-cat-owning mind at rest, but is there anything else I should be asking while I'm there?

I realise this will in many ways be a personal thing depending on each individual and pregnancy, but in your experience are there things it's sensible to ask or that you wish you'd asked at your own appointment and didn't?

CultureSucksDownWords Tue 23-Jun-15 21:25:50

They'll be asking you lots of questions, and I can't think of anything that I wished I had asked then. Anything important should be flagged up by the booking in questions.

mrschatty Tue 23-Jun-15 21:28:10

I had mine last Thursday...They will be asking alllllll the questions. Can't think of anything now I should have asked...The only thing I asked was I had an early scan and bean measured 9+1 but per my lmp I should have been 9+6 is that ok she literally brushed it away with a yeah yeah not a worry...

AbbeyRoadCrossing Tue 23-Jun-15 21:39:27

As others have said they'll ask you loads of questions. There's lots of appointments afterwards if you forget anything. I guess the only thing to ask about then (although they'll probably tell you anyway) is any questions you have about the 12 week scan and tests offered, and what to do in an emergency.

lilyb84 Tue 23-Jun-15 21:46:26

Ah yes! emergencies - that was on my list too, thanks for the reminder abbey.

Sounds like I'll be too busy answering questions to ask many so I'm not going to worry about being ill-prepapred. Being pregnant seems to be bringing out the non-control freak in me which is refreshing smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now