Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Scared now!!

(18 Posts)
coneywonder Tue 23-Jun-15 19:56:04

I'm 38 weeks and what I thought, (and may still be) was early labour I am absolutely shitting myself about having this baby.

I'm so ready to meet her or him but all those early doubts and anxieties have returned. Someone tell me I can do this?! blush

I wish someone could tell me that it would all go smoothly and it won't last THAT long. Wouldn't that be nice? Haha

Penguinandminipenguin Tue 23-Jun-15 19:58:39

I can't help too much as I don't have any experience as I'm only 34 weeks!
I am starting to get worked up about labour, now I know the baby is 2/5 engaged. So I think it's totally normal to panic and freak out a bit/a lot!!

Are you all packed for the hospital just in case?

Newtobecomingamum Tue 23-Jun-15 20:01:36

You can do this

You will do this

Millions of women all over the world give birth and many don't have the support and medical assistance that we have in this country

Your body will help guide you and you will have support from MWs

One you see your little baby you won't feel any pain only love and elation

Just keep in mind that the end result is meeting your gorgeous beautiful baby

Just keep that picture in your head of you holding your little bubba smile

coneywonder Tue 23-Jun-15 20:03:16

Thanks new that made me smile. I know I can do it. I'm just scared. I wish I wasn't and I'm really hoping I can stay calm!

penguin I'm all packed yes. Have been for a while as I convinced myself baby would come early. Paying for that now!!

Penguinandminipenguin Tue 23-Jun-15 20:08:20

Just keep in mine what new said...just keep visualising your baby! How exciting grin
Have you phoned the labour ward?

Newtobecomingamum Tue 23-Jun-15 20:09:53

I remember having exactly the same fears the first time (do not keep watching One Born Every Minute!! I got obsessed lol and it did not help!!)

To be honest I ended up viewing it as ... Bring it on and thought of it as a challenge and I was going to conquer it! Excitement will come to you soon and you will just want to get on with it.

It does hurt, not going to lie and I remember thinking it can't be that bad as people go on to have 3/4 children etc.. But you get through it and can have pain relief if needs be.

With my first my labour lasted under 12h and boom there was the most amazing previous gift at the end of it smile

Penguinandminipenguin Tue 23-Jun-15 20:11:20

Ahhh new I've been spending my day last week watching either obem or a The Midwives! Not a good idea then? Lol.

FadedRed Tue 23-Jun-15 20:12:37

Coney - bless you, perfectly normal to be scared, but don't let it overwhelm you. You'll feel less scared than you realise when you do go into labour as you'll have a 'job to do'.
This is probably the first time in your life that you can't actually decide to change your mind about doing something iyswim? We all like to feel in control and this is one thing where you don't really feel in control of, though you can control some of it, and you'll feel better when you do that.
As New says - it's all about getting to meet that lovely new baby, just a journey on the way to that.
flowers

coneywonder Tue 23-Jun-15 20:13:57

penguin I have they confirmed before that my waters weren't leaking. I thought they were but was increased discharge blush
l have been cramping for past 4 days on and off and getting some other signs so don't think it's as iniment as I first thought but still!

new no I won't watch one born I did at the beginning and I have to stop myself now!! You've helped thank you. I know it's going to be tough and painful and just last week I was in the same mindset about wanting to do it and conquering it. I think I have over thought it today though ha.

I'm so excited to meet the baby though and I think I'll keep that in my mind instead!

Newtobecomingamum Tue 23-Jun-15 20:19:26

No... Def not turn it off lol! Every labour is different and you don't want to be visualising yourself in that pain etc! I personally felt better when I stopped watching it was actually working me up and making me feel more scared!

Use the time to watch all the films and TV you want to watch as you won't have much time when baby arrives.

My first was born in June and one thing I wished I had packed was a hand fan or portable fan!! It gets so bloody hot in the rooms!! If you can get hold of one pack it... You will be grateful you did.

My second DC is due NYE and once you've been through labour you know your body can do it and what to expect.

Best of luck ladies x

coneywonder Tue 23-Jun-15 20:23:59

Bought a fan today new glad I will need it and oh wasn't too sure!!

Good luck with your 2nd baby. It really is such an exciting time. I'm proud of myself for even thinking that!! That's how scared I was at the beginning despite planning this baby! Haha.

Newtobecomingamum Tue 23-Jun-15 20:28:55

Thanks Coney.

That's great about the fan as I was warned they can get warm in the rooms but my god I was so so hot!!

You should be proud of yourself.. Look how far you have come and your almost there now! Beautiful little summer baby smile

Just think this time next year you will be celebrating his/her 1st birthday!! smile

So many great times to come and look forward to!!

lexyloub Tue 23-Jun-15 20:55:05

All perfectly normal. I remember having a mini meltdown the night before I was induced with dc3 thinking "oh shit I'm actually going to have a baby what the hell am I going to do!" You'll be fine just remember every pain brings you that bit closer to meeting your baby

coneywonder Tue 23-Jun-15 21:11:37

I know this time next year we will be in Greece for my sil wedding. I have a lot to look forward to and when I get too overwhelmed I think about dc's first holiday and birthday and it really does help!!

Thank you both you lovely women xx

WishUponAStar88 Tue 23-Jun-15 21:21:21

Good luck Coney! Every pain and every contraction is one less to go until you meet your beautiful baby flowers

Hippymama1 Wed 24-Jun-15 10:23:09

I'm 38 + 5 and can't wait to go into labour as then at the end of it I will finally have my lovely baby in my arms AND I WON'T BE PREGNANT ANYMORE!!!! grin

Good luck!

coneywonder Wed 24-Jun-15 15:49:02

Thanks hippymamma and wishupon I feel that way today. Totally fed up of spd pain and general discomfort had a good old cry though and now I'm going for a nap.

Haha x

WinterOfOurDiscountTents15 Wed 24-Jun-15 19:55:25

It might not go smoothly, but even then its only one day. Or it could be a walk in the park, or anything in between. It's not the most fun way to spend a day but you don't really care much by about half an hour after you're done.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now