Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

what to drink??

(24 Posts)
s098 Tue 23-Jun-15 14:54:20

Hi, I am struggling to want to drink much at all which obviously isn't ideal. I try and sip water throughout the day but don't think its enough, today I'm trying juice which I've barely touched! Did completely go off tea but have managed one in the morning the last few days. Any ideas on something that's not going to make me feel sick but is actually fairly healthy ( i.e not coke)?

Number3cometome Tue 23-Jun-15 14:56:17

Lemon water? Water with ginger in?

Buttercup27 Tue 23-Jun-15 14:57:19

Sorry the only thing I could drink without instantly wretching was caffeine free diet coke. My midwife said it was better than nothing and it would pass. It did a s was able to drink normally again until about 30 weeks

PrincessOfChina Tue 23-Jun-15 14:57:55

I got through a lot of ice lollies and ice pops during early pregnancy. You can make your own with whatever juice you fancy.

cosmicglittergirl Tue 23-Jun-15 14:58:13

Fizzy water on it's own or like pp said, lemon, lime, ginger.
Rooibus tea? Caffeine free.

sarkymare Tue 23-Jun-15 14:59:09

Have you tried putting ice in your water/usual drink? I find the colder the drink the easier on my stomach. I go through tons of the stuff. It's the only way I can keep down fluids.

mangoespadrille Tue 23-Jun-15 14:59:36

I survived on Irn Bru and strawberry Yop, probably two of the worst drinks imaginable. I had hyperemisis though and the nutritionist I saw said anything is better than nothing.

happygojo Tue 23-Jun-15 15:02:16

It may sound weird but have you tried drinking through a straw? for some unbeknown reason it helps me drink more.

I am currently obsessed with lemon squash mixed with fizzy water. might have aspartame in it but i have totally gone off water

s098 Tue 23-Jun-15 15:03:40

Ice lollies have helped a bit at home but my main problem is at work ( no fridge or freezer)
Will try some fizzy water! My bf was worrying about me not drinking enough water but like a few of you have said anything is better than nothing smile

quesadillas Tue 23-Jun-15 15:03:48

I found tonic water good when I couldn't stomach much. Bitter lemon too.

bunny85 Tue 23-Jun-15 15:32:40

If you put some fresh mint leaves and a few slices of orange in a water jag, it makes a very tasty refreshing summery drink!

batfish Tue 23-Jun-15 15:41:11

I love fresh orange with lemonade or fizzy water - I know the juice is high in sugar but at least it's fruit sugar and if you have the fizzy water option then it's not so bad. Actually I just love fizzy water in general!

excitedforbaba Tue 23-Jun-15 16:31:14

Ribena with lots of ice was a winner here!

MissTwister Tue 23-Jun-15 17:02:15

Elderflower cordial with sparkling or still water is nice

GotTheKey Tue 23-Jun-15 17:15:51

I've been having squash and I drink with a straw as it makes me have more. Robinsons has aspartame in so I try not to get that (even though it's my favourite!!) but sainsburys own brand no added sugar squash is ok for additives x

scarednoob Tue 23-Jun-15 17:43:15

ice cold vimto!

depending on whether you like it (personally I love it, but get that lots of people don't), milk - good for the bean too.

the other thing that might help would be to buy a set of home freezing lollipop kits. I just got one from oliver bonas that does home made calippos, if that makes sense, and will be making frozen fresh juice and yoghurt pops.

contractor6 Tue 23-Jun-15 18:21:58

For work freeze a bottle of water and then its chilled for work.
Melon is 90% water so chop some up and take in.
Ice lollies for home.

stargazer2030 Tue 23-Jun-15 18:23:45

I was going to suggest drinking through a straw - it helps me for some reason.

lexyloub Tue 23-Jun-15 18:27:22

Tonic water

Skiptonlass Tue 23-Jun-15 18:41:32

Fizzy water with a slice of lemon in.

Brummiegirl15 Tue 23-Jun-15 19:52:08

I literally cannot get enough of ice cold fizzy water. Specifically highland spring. To be honest any freezing cold fizzy drink will do although finding coke and fanta a bit too sweet.

ThatsNotEvenAWord Tue 23-Jun-15 19:53:03

I couldn't get enough of orange juice with soda water

Cheshirehello79 Tue 23-Jun-15 20:43:38

Get one of them infusion water bottles and you can add any fruit in it - it also has a straw built in - might work magic ( to maxx have them cheap)

bluewisteria Tue 23-Jun-15 21:21:45

I second using ice, the colder it is the more it says down and the more of it I can drink! Mint leaves might help if you are feeling nauseous. Fizzy water with ice, squeezed lemon and a straw is my favourite though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now